Job description / Role
The Junior Financial Compliance Specialist is responsible for supporting the accounting department to comply with relevant rules and legal conduct in alignment with the group's policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated and non-consolidated financial statement analytics and ensure their accuracy and completeness; as well as generate monthly, quarterly and annual internal reporting packages.
- Support in generating the annual audit plans, reviewing audit reports, and issuing yearly audited financial reports.
- Participate in planning and executing the monthly consolidation processes, as well as ensure all elimination entries are properly processed.
- Specific for Regional: Assist Country and Shared Services (SSC) accounting teams in preparing the financial statements (booking entries, reconciliation and checking trial balance) and performing reviews of accounting transactions in adherence with established policies and procedures.
- Specific for Regional: Help in supporting, enhancing, upgrading the accounting software as per the business requirements on regular basis.
- Specific for Regional: Follow up on taxes database and ensure that all country reports are settled in compliance with the country tax regulations and laws.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field
- 0-1 year of experience in a similar role
- Experience in ERP systems is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office and Accounting Software
- Fluent in English.
About the Company
Azadea Group is a premier fashion and lifestyle retail company that owns and operates more than 50 leading international franchise concepts across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Europe. Since its inception in 1978, the Group has grown a substantial chain of stores representing leading international brand names in fashion and accessories, food and beverage, home furnishing, sporting goods and multimedia.With over 11,000 employees, the company boasts a solid infrastructure overseeing more than 600 stores spread across 15 countries including Algeria, Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Ghana, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and United Arab Emirates.