Job description / Role
• Lead and coordinate effectively within respective departments throughout project lifecycles, to ensure cost effective, quality, and timely outcomes.
• Interact with clients to confirm requirements and ensure that all design facets of the projects are correctly scoped.
• Lead preparation of design programs based on detailed work breakdown structures for projects.
• Lead and Review design developments, drawings, specifications, reports and other client deliverables, to ensure adherence with Company’s design policies, processes, and practices
• Review technical specifications for various components for tender and contract documents.
• Advise Senior Architects, Project Managers, and Project Directors on local regulations, materials, and their applications.
• Ensure that the integrity of design intent remains throughout the project lifecycle.
• Review project cost and time based progress reports, and recommend mitigation measures to ensure adherence to Company’s project goals and objectives.
• Lead the preparation and presentation of project reports and presentations for internal and external clients.
• Resolve queries raised on projects under construction, and liaise with material and equipment suppliers for technical and installation information as and when required.
• Advise the QS Department in preparing the BoQs in line with project requirements and specifications
• Monitor and ensure that senior architects are coordinating effectively with the various architects and engineers throughout the project (planning, concept, preliminary, final etc.)
• Lead, supervise and approve the development of architectural designs from concept to completion; ensure the following:
- Designs effectively respond to client/owner requirements (e.g. designs based on owner/clients budget etc.)
- Drawings comply with local statutory requirements for structural components and systems
- Drawings are fully functional, making adequate provisions for the designs developed by the other disciplines
• Exercise quality control of drawings produced by the section, ensuring that they adhere to quality and CAD standards (e.g. high standards of visual presentation, error free, properly dimensioned, x-referenced etc.)
• Remain abreast on changes in local statutory requirements regarding architectural systems and components
• Ensure that architectural components and materials specified for architectural designs are relevant and comply with statutory requirements; ensure that the specifications document is updated to reflect any changing statutory requirements
• Attend site meetings (e.g. progress meetings, coordination and specially called meetings etc.) as and when required
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Master in Design Management
• Professional accreditation in Design
• 13 to 15 years of experience in a similar role in independently leading design project delivery
• Certification/Membership of Society of Engineers
• Full proficiency in using Revit and/or BIM modeling software a plus
About the Company
A leading construction company in Lebanon.