Job description / Role
Refinitiv (formerly Thomson Reuters) World-Check is seeking an entry-level Research Analyst to join our team. We are looking for candidates with a specialized background or academic/professional experience in combating illicit finance, and candidates with a strong aptitude for thinking and writing analytically to a very high standard.
The candidate should be able to work independently and effectively under pressure to complete quick turnaround assignments. The ability to convey careful analytical judgment and complex information in a concise, impartial and accessible manner to clients is essential. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate to work in a diverse and intellectually dynamic team of open source analysts in order to further develop our strategic global security coverage.
· Conduct in-depth investigative research on financial risk, regulatory compliance and regional security issues as they relate to the Middle East and North Africa.
· Analyze a wide range of data sources to produce daily structured reports and content updates.
· Maintain a high level of regional and portfolio country expertise by monitoring breaking news for relevant developments and potential long-term risks to clients.
· Widen the scope of analyst team coverage through reading, research, and attendance of relevant seminars and events.
USD 1,500 to 1,600 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
· Must possess a keen attention to detail, excellent research and analytical skills, and enjoy in-depth investigations to uncover difficult to access information.
· Must be able to write clearly, concisely and objectively.
· Relevant professional experience including internships, research assistantships, and independent projects that rely on both qualitative and quantitative skills.
· Must be proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
· Knowledge of political issues and economic development in the MENA.
· Advanced/professional proficiency in Arabic and French required.
· International study or work experience and regional language proficiency.
· Passionate about global and MENA focused financial risk relevant issues.
· Academic or professional experience working on issues related to transnational crime issues, terrorism, and sanctions.
· Experience collaborating with teams across offices in multiple time zones.
· Master’s preferred, Bachelor degree required in international relations, political science, history, area studies, foreign languages, or other humanities or social science fields.
· Outstanding recent graduates in other fields or those with relevant experience will be considered.
About the Company
Refinitiv is one of the world’s largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure, serving over 40,000 institutions in approximately 190 countries. We provide leading data and insights, trading platforms, and open data and technology platforms that connect a thriving global financial markets community - driving performance in trading, investment, wealth management, regulatory compliance, market data management, enterprise risk and fighting financial crime. We are new market pioneers with 167 years of confidence. Breaking new barriers. Enabling more responsible, transparent and connected financial markets. We redefine what data can do. Through an open ecosystem, a high-performance culture, analytics, insights and technology.
Be the breakthrough, activate your future and shape ours.