Job description / Role
IFS - Risk & Quality - Risk & Quality and Independence Senior Consultant - Senior Associate
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Risk & Quality (R&Q)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Risk Management, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to advance and foster integrity based decision making and conduct by PwC professionals throughout our organisation. You'll focus on promoting and monitoring compliance with applicable external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to help manage PwC's regulatory, litigation, and reputational risk.
Our Risk and Quality team identifies and assists internal teams to mitigate and control client engagement risks. As part of the team, you'll provide advice to business teams within PwC on sound contract provisions, standards and approaches in accordance with PwC policies, principles and standards.
The Independence Support - Senior Associate is part of the Independence Team and operates across all lines of service. It is responsible for providing support to engagement teams to maintain independence and compliance according to regulatory rules and requirements.
In addition, the senior associate is responsible for administering independence consultations, Joint Business Relationships, simple business relationships (vendors relationships) and other events or relationships that PwC might have with other organisations.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
The new hire will be assisting the regional independence team in the following areas:
Scope of service reviews
• Preparing draft independence analysis and assistance with the submission of the Authorisation for Services (AFS) for the corresponding audit partners.
• Responding to scope of services related consultations and to assist other members of the Independence team with the AFS documentation process.
• Assisting the independence business partners with the business relationship clearances.
• Support the independence business partners with other day-to-day independence related matters.
• Reviewing proposals or draft engagement letters for non-assurance services proposed to audit clients from an independence perspective.
• Chase AFS primary approvers where necessary and provide further guidance to them where necessary.
• Understand the client-specific independence procedures and policies.
• Contribute in developing template materials and make available client-specific policies and procedures to the ME independence network and the practice.
Business relationship reviews
• Conduct initial assessments of Joint business relationships clearance.
• Joint business relationship monitoring and reassessment.
• Vendor relationship reviews.
• Consultation database monitoring and assignment of queries among team members.
• Updating a number of Independence systems.
• Performing data reconciliations for Independence monitoring purposes.
• Participating in internal training sessions and contributing to setting the agenda for the calls/meetings.
Learning and Growth
• Liaise with Global to understand AFS system improvement initiatives.
• Adhere to policies and procedures.
• Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed.
• A professional or academic qualification (degree level or equivalent), or extensive relevant and practical experience.
• Fluency in English required, proficiency in Arabic is advantageous.
• 2+ years of relevant experience in audit or consulting fields.
• Client facing experience preferably in the Professional Services industry.
• Experience in a top tier Big 4 firm is advantageous.
• An internal transfer from within the firm can be considered.
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong analytical skills.
• Thorough understanding of general/international accounting standards and practices.
• Problem solving skills and innovative mindset.
• Risk averse/risk management skills.
• Process oriented.
• Organization skills.
• Thoroughness and attention to detail.
• Time management skills and proactivity.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ethical conduct.
• A conscientious, ambitious team player, with good self-management skills and an ability to take initiative and share knowledge with peers.
As a member of the Independence team, the staff member would be expected at a minimum to:
• Manage their own work and train other junior team members.
• Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, and coach to help deliver results.
• Proactively raise issues to improve effective team working.
• Get involved in activities which help to strengthen the team.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.