Job description / Role
Are you passionate about coding, developing custom applications & solving client’s problems?
Then come join the Professional Services & Consultancy (PS&C) team at LSEG!
• You possess excellent development skills predominantly across Microsoft ASP.Net Core, SQL Server based technologies & Angular framework.
• You are a professional cloud developer with industry leading certification.
• You are a certified scrum developer with a passion for creating high performing applications.
• You will be responsible for developing custom solutions by working closely with business users throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle.
• You will primarily work as an individual contributor and undertake activities of requirements gathering, learning industry and LSEG best practices, solution architecture and software development.
• You will additionally perform application/software developer lead responsibilities within the PS&C team of Refinitiv to provide oversight of development resources & contractors to make sure that client projects are delivered against the strict LSEG standards and comply with the SDLC.
• You will manage successful development of application and delivery of projects, including planning, coordinating and leading activities across the full delivery lifecycle.
• This will include working closely with the PS&C Project Managers, designer/developer, architects and consultants, as well as liaising with key project stakeholders from client’s teams.
• You will be working with clients across Middle East & Africa region
• Understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level.
• Independently and/or via leading a team of development resources & contractors deliver production quality code using Agile development practices
• Review, analyze, and modify previously built application as needed
• Collaborate with client’s end users and IT teams to develop and deploy the best solution.
• Managing the delivery of multiple complex simultaneous application development projects from design through to production
• Working closely with Project Managers and consultants to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design, development and delivery
• Provide regular progress updates to and work closely with Project Managers to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues
• Define delivery phases of the project including activities, sub-activities, and milestones ensuring these are documented and used as the basis for the project event log, issues and risk log and any subsequent reporting
• Ensure awareness, involvement and support from the key stakeholders and participants by building strong project teams and maintaining robust communication on the project status throughout its life cycle
• Undertake small analysis projects in the form of consultancy
• Collaborate closely with other development functions & client’s during each phase of the development cycle to ensure robust and smooth Application delivery.
What Do You Need To Essentially Have?
• MS degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related field
• 7+ years of development experience, including 3-5 years of Agile based development.
• Solid 2+ years of experience in leading projects independently
• Professional cloud developer certification
• Detailed understanding and professional experience with Cloud services (e.g. AWS, GCP)
• Certification on Agile software development practices, i.e., Scrum / Lean / Kanban
• Application design, development, delivery and support on Microsoft Windows platform: Windows, IIS, SQL Server, ASP.Net Core
• MS-SQL Server and related services: SSIS, SSRS
• C#/.net, Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and open source frameworks to build MVC web applications and .NET services
• Web Application Framework : AngularJS, Angular, ReactJS, HTML
• Utilize development tooling to track and automate software delivery through the SDLC: e.g., Jira, Confluence, Git,.
• Proven ability to complete assigned work in timely and quality manner
• Demonstrate personal initiative to meet personal and professional goals
• Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle
• Ability to think critically, solve problems creatively and effectively
• Experience working in an agile development team
Desired but Not Mandatory Experience
• Intermediate knowledge of server-side programming language i.e. php, python.
• Experience with alternatives to Microsoft stack: e.g, MongoDB, NodeJs, AngularJs, Linux
• A relevant degree but not mandatory if they have relevant experience.
• The ideal candidate will come from a software development background with at least 7 years of commercial experience ideally within the financial services industry.
About the Company
Refinitiv is one of the world’s largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure, serving over 40,000 institutions in approximately 190 countries. We provide leading data and insights, trading platforms, and open data and technology platforms that connect a thriving global financial markets community - driving performance in trading, investment, wealth management, regulatory compliance, market data management, enterprise risk and fighting financial crime. We are new market pioneers with 167 years of confidence. Breaking new barriers. Enabling more responsible, transparent and connected financial markets. We redefine what data can do. Through an open ecosystem, a high-performance culture, analytics, insights and technology.
Be the breakthrough, activate your future and shape ours.