Job description / Role
Dragon recruiting has an exciting opportunity at a Multinational leading paper & board trader in the Middle East, North Africa and Indian sub-continent. The position is based in Beirut, Lebanon.
• Senior Documentation Officer
• Role Category: Professional
• No. of Role/s: 1
• Target Date: ASAP
• Job Classification: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
• Job Sub-Classification: Import/Export & Customs
• Min Experience: 4-5 years
• Specialization: Senior Documentation Officer
• Country: Lebanon
• City: Beirut
• Preferred Location/s: Lebanon
• Preferred Language/s: English, Arabic
• Language Proficiency: Fluent
• Base Salary (Annual): USD 18k - 19.2k
Main duties and responsibilities
• Documentation preparation and control
• Verify the shipping and Mill documents with OS & PI and highlight the discrepancies, if any, to the respective Market Coordinators (MCs)
• Generate client documents as per payment terms and forward to concerned MCs, e.g.:
- Commercial Invoice – 1 Original + 3 Copies
- Packing list - 1 Original + 3 Copies
- Bill of Lading – 3 Original + 3 Copies
- Certificate of Origin Issued in Dubai – 1 Original + 2 Copies
- EUR 1 – 1 Original + 2 Copies
- Marine Insurance – 1 Original
- Detailed Packing list – 1 Original + 1 Copy
- Bill of Exchange – 2 Original
• Apply for Chamber of Commerce through online portal (COO) for UAE-booked orders.
• Send the LC instructions to the respective MC/Client and follow up
• Follow up for any amendments
• Send B/L instructions to Mill
• Follow up until Original documents are submitted to the bank
• Follow up payment with the respective bank (exceptionally client).
• Once documents submitted, follow up with the Banks for original documents dispatch details
• Following up for documents acceptance with bank & client for all payment terms
• Resolving all trade related bank queries/disputes/issues.
• Clarifying all queries raised by the MCs
• Mill invoice
• Commercial invoice
• Preparing the Documentation Tracker with complete Order Details executed Providing weekly updates to the Accounting department
• Preparing Detailed Sales Reports by Sales Area Manager and Market and submission of the same whenever required
• Training new MCs regarding the market and documentation procedures with reference to follow-up with the Mill and Bank submission
• Over viewing the communication between the MCs on one hand and the mill on the other, with reference to the Logistics/Documentation matters for every order.
• Sourcing the freight rate from forwarders, based on the requests received from the Sales Area Managers (exceptional).
• Checking with our Banks for client bank swift arrangements.
• Bachelor degree in business management, economics, accounting or finance
• Shipment And Logistics Experience (Export/Import Documentation) – Trading environment preferable
• Experience working with people in different countries
• Arabic Speaking
• Minimum Bachelor degree in business management, economics, accounting or finance
• 3 to 5 years experience in logistics & export/import documentation, preferably in a trading environment
• Experience working with people over several countries
• Attractive bonuses and incentives to be negotiated during interview if shortlisted
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.