Job description / Role
The Senior Procurement Specialist assists in various activities related to non-merchandise procurement providing business units with an effective function.
- Support corporate and divisional objectives by implementing sourcing strategies and give recommendations on items /services for procurement while maintaining the company's competitive edge.
- Develop a consolidated supplier base and analyze it to meet current and future commodity needs and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers.
- Gather and summarize data to prepare routine reports, schedules, proposals, summaries and letters.
- Track consumables' inventory, examine users' purchasing habits to minimize expenses, create a set of monitoring controls and resolve problems with supply orders.
- Set up budgets for new opening shops, renovation, and relocation under the supervision of the Procurement Manager.
- Supervise and follow up on Junior Procurement Specialist end-of-month closing task
- Oversee and negotiate small category contracts under the supervision of the Procurement Manager.
- Conduct continuous research to locate new potential suppliers and stay abreast to new products and market trends.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 3 to 4 years of experience in a similar field.
- Fluency in English; French is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office, "MACROS" and all windows formulas and applications.
- Strong understanding of relevant procurement systems and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of goods and suppliers.
About the Company
Azadea Group is a premier fashion and lifestyle retail company that owns and operates more than 50 leading international franchise concepts across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Europe. Since its inception in 1978, the Group has grown a substantial chain of stores representing leading international brand names in fashion and accessories, food and beverage, home furnishing, sporting goods and multimedia.With over 11,000 employees, the company boasts a solid infrastructure overseeing more than 600 stores spread across 15 countries including Algeria, Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Ghana, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and United Arab Emirates.