Job description / Role
The Senior Project Engineer is a senior member of the Lebanon Water & Environment Design Unit. He coordinates closely with clients and authorities and reviews design deliverables, in close alignment with the design project team in design centers. He supports local supervision teams with technical support related to water and environment design. He is also expected to support water and environment design project teams in design activities for Lebanon projects. He is expected to handle projects of high complexity.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AREAS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE ROLE
• Monitor and report to the Manager - Water & Environment Design the progress of ongoing water and environment design and technical support activities in Lebanon
• Develop design deliverables of high complexity upon request of Project Managers in design centers
• Submit and review water and environment designs of high complexity with local authorities to seek approvals / permits in coordination with design Project Managers
• Submit water and environment design deliverables of high complexity to local clients and discuss and review deliverables to obtain client comments / approvals, in coordination with Project Managers in design centers
• Develop P&IDs, PFDs, process mechanical drawings and specifications.
• Relay client and authorities’ comments on water and environment design deliverables to design Project Managers and design teams and track resolution and incorporation of comments and issues
• Support Project Managers in addressing tender queries submitted by contractors during the tendering phase
• Support Project Managers in evaluating contractor bid submissions during the tendering phase
• Support Supervision Project Managers in coordinating with local authorities to obtain necessary permits and approvals to commence the construction of water and environment projects
• Review K&A water and environment design deliverables prior to commencement of construction
• Carry out design review for non-K&A water and environment design deliverables and provide comments to clients in alignment with the water and environment design teams
• Provide technical support on water and environment design to supervision teams during construction
• Relay client and contractor water and environment design-related change requests to the respective Project Managers and ensure the incorporation of comments in subsequent submittals in a timely manner
QUALIFICATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED TO EXECUTE THIS ROLE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• Master’s Degree in Engineering is an advantage
• Chartered Professional Engineering certification or equivalent is preferred
• Computer Modeling Skills, Simulation software of Sewage treatment plant (e.g. GPS-X and BioWin 30), Hydraulic Modeling capabilities.
• Good knowledge of water and environment engineering industry in the Middle East
• Understanding of international engineering standards and codes
• Knowledge of Lebanon construction-related regulations
• Good communication skills
• Good interpersonal and presentation skills
• Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic, French is an advantage
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO EXECUTE THIS ROLE
• 10+ years of experience in the Architecture, Engineering and Planning Industry in a top tier regional / multinational consultancy firm focused on water and environment design
• Experience with water and environment design projects
• Experience with coordination with authorities in the Middle East
• Industry experience within the Middle East
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).