Job description / Role
Line of Service
International Tax Services
Job Description & Summary
A career within our Tax Advisory services practice, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever-changing tax specialities. You will advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing tax and indirect taxes, interpret tax regulations and apply international conventions.
Our team advises our clients on tax laws and reporting, legislation and planning strategies based on their geography and jurisdiction. You'll be helping our clients with local tax laws, reporting requirements, statutory filings, direct and indirect tax, permanent establishments and other international taxation needs.
You will be involved in inbound tax matters as well as responding to day to day tax enquiries from clients in Lebanon and within the PwC network.
You'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Tax structuring advice and tax due diligence reviews - work with the Managers and above to help clients operate their business in a tax efficient manner, tax efficient acquisitions and disposals for clients buying/selling businesses, debt and finance raising, etc.
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients as well as the team
- Contribute to the development of your own technical acumen and interpersonal skills
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Two to three years of relevant work experience required (corporate income tax advisory is preferred).
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics required. Master of Science in Taxation, or Master of Law degree in Taxation is preferred.
- Experience in identifying and addressing client needs
- Exposed to double taxation treaty analysis, permanent establishment reviews, etc.
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strength and development
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance
- Good business writing and digital skills
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.