Job description / Role
Line of Service
International Tax Services
Job Description & Summary
A career within International Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help multinational companies address their cross border tax needs both locally and globally by managing their global tax rates, finding areas of cost reduction, and responding to inquiries from regulatory authorities. You'll gain a global perspective and an awareness of tax issues stemming from changes to evolving business structures and geographic expansions. More specifically you will help our clients in Lebanon meet and manage their tax obligations in the countries where they are present across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team advises our clients on tax laws and reporting, legislation and planning strategies based on their geography and jurisdiction. You'll be helping our clients with local tax laws, reporting requirements, statutory filings, corporate strategy, transfer pricing and indirect tax and other international taxation needs.
You will be involved in inbound tax matters as well as M&A transactions, relocation of companies/holding locations and company formations. A detailed description of the type of work is as follows:
- Work on advisory engagements, provide reports and guidance on the set-up, tax structuring and planning for new projects,
- Understand, advise and give recommendations on both local tax legislations and international tax,
- Ability to interpret tax treaties, analyse tax efficiency and overall group tax reporting effectiveness,.
- To Manage a portfolio of clients, handling and dealing with their tax requirements, updates and compliance related matters for inbound taxpayers,
- Build up relationships with regulators, ability to negotiate disputes with adequate tax background and treatment for both local and international tax interpretation as well as accounting standards; and
- Develop business opportunities and coach and guide team members on projects, assignments and client handling.
- Thorough knowledge of M&A practices, including, consulting multinational corporations, privately held companies and partnerships with respect to the tax aspects of planning, structuring and executing transactions of all sizes; analyzing proposed transactions for unusual tax risks or undetermined tax benefits; and advising clients on tax-efficient restructurings, divestitures, spin-offs, due diligence and strategy formulation.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting or Finance is required. Certificate in International Taxation, Master of Science in Taxation, or Master of Law degree in Taxation is preferred.
- Experience in identifying and addressing client needs, as well as building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships.
- Considerable experience as a team leader.
- Good business writing and digital skills.
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Writing, reporting and presentation skills are essential, as well as management, coordination, coaching and business development skills.
- Entrepreneurial skills, cross selling and business development.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.