Job description / Role
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Fully accountable for leading Sourcing Strategies in the most critical sub Region within MEA.
- Geographical scope covers East African countries presenting together a significant amount of yearly spend.
- Detailed activities mean for each of above listed countries:
Run and implement the sourcing process in compliance with the Sourcing "7 Steps" process for the scope he is responsible for:
- Lead actively the collection of internal stakeholders needs;
- Elaborate countries Access sourcing strategies based on market knowledge and OBS needs; and present them in Carrier Demand
- Committee (CDC), follows sourcing process accordingly
- Conduct commercial negotiation with Access services carriers identified (pricing, commercial clauses of the contracts,...);
- Select the suppliers (carriers) and present Sourcing Recommendation in CDC;
- Communicate, promote usage of selected suppliers and negotiated contracts among entities;
- Make sure contracts database is always 100% up to date
- Negotiate whenever possible savings with suppliers (cost reduction or cost avoidance) and report it in the savings tracker tool (Netsave)
- Coordinate with a Sourcing analyst in order to support & to follow up access quotations requests raised by OBS sales teams (organic growth or bid), and to get the best optimized quote from supplier within the agreed deadline (Lead Time to Quote)
- Set up a fruitful and useful relationship with the relevant Business Units linked to his/her scope.
- Gather internal stakeholders requirements and helps structuring as part of the demand plan activity.
- Ensure appropriate involvement of geographical and functional stakeholders to get buy-in and facilitate faster implementation
- Supports Customer projects buyers & Telecom Sourcing experts
- Brings his/her expertise on Telecom Access services into the customer project negotiation to deliver additional cost optimization/savings;
- Negotiates customer specific contract and conditions with suppliers
- Manage relationship with selected portfolio of suppliers (Telecom
- Access services carriers) in the South African Region (vendors management)
- Set up regular business reviews, follow supplier business with and without Orange, tracks supplier's performance
- Act as a single point of contact to the supplier for commercial issues related to Telecom Access services
- Participate actively in market & supplier performance monitoring
- Business acumen
- Negotiation skills
- OBS quotes and Pricing tools knowledge technical general understanding of the OBS connectivity solutions
Global Delivery & Operations
Orange Business manages and integrates the complexity of international communications, freeing our customers to focus on the strategic initiatives that drive their business. Our extensive experience and knowledge in global communication solutions, together with our understanding of multinational business and local support in 166 countries and territories, ensure that our customers receive a consistent, global solution wherever they do business.
About the Company
Orange is one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators with sales of 43.5 billion euros in 2022 and 136,000 employees worldwide at 31 December 2022, including 75,000 employees in France. The Group has a total customer base of 287 million customers worldwide at 31 December 2022, including 242 million mobile customers and 24 million fixed broadband customers. The Group is present in 26 countries. Orange is also a leading provider of global IT and telecommunication services to multinational companies under the brand Orange Business.