Job description / Role
- Greets customers in a friendly and courteous way in order to ensure they feel welcome and to contribute to a positive overall shopping experience.
- Serves customers efficiently and courteously on the shop floor, in the changing rooms and/or at the cash register, in order to ensure the provision of the highest standards of customer service at all points in the shopping experience.
- Creates a commercial policy, a season layout plan, in addition to an annual timetable for commercial campaigns. Ensures the effective implementation of plans, policies and procedures through leadership of the Universe team by setting goals and objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating employees, in order to ensure the highest levels of performance are achieved.
- Assigns routine and non-routine tasks and duties to Universe staff in order to ensure that activities are carried out in the most efficient and effective way and customer service policies and procedures are followed.
- Recommends price modifications in order to maintain a value brand positioning in the local market versus the local competitors.
- Monitors and shows up best selling items, limited editions and non moving products on daily basis.
- Ensures that manpower costs are minimised by monitoring and controlling overtime activities.
- Holds individual monthly meetings and daily meetings to review the employee’s performance and set targets for the upcoming month.
- Conducts on-the-job training, demonstration and instruction for new and existing employees, in order to support their development and ensure the highest standards of performance are achieved. Monitors stock levels, maintains inventories and manages re-ordering stocks to ensure there are adequate stocks and maximum range and size availability at all times.
- Controls the process of receiving shipments to ensure the flow of goods is efficient and accurate.
- Ensures proper operational procedures are followed with respect to loss prevention, health and safety standards.
- Ensures all ranges are effectively merchandised in line with brand image and standards.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge
- University degree.
- 2 years of experience in a managerial position.
- Active participation in at least one sporting activity and strong knowledge of sporting events and products.
- Experience in sports goods is a major plus.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of shop operating procedures.
- Strong people management and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Computer knowledge.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Deciding and initiating action
- Leading and supervising
- Working with people
- Adhering to principles and values
- Writing and reporting
- Applying expertise and technology
- Planning and organizing
- Delivering results and meeting customers' expectations
- Following instructions and procedures
- Adapting and responding to change
- Achieving personal work goals and objectives
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
About the Company
Azadea Group is one of the world's fastest growing retail groups. We carry a strong franchise portfolio of over 30 diverse brands that features some of the industry's most identifiable names, including Zara, Mango, Virgin Megastore and Sunglass Hut.
Azadea Group headquarters are in Beirut, Lebanon. A comprehensive network of local offices supports our operations in the Middle East and Europe. Currently, we operate 152 strategically located stores across the Middle East and plan over 500 additional shops’ opening through the 3 coming years.