Job description / Role
- The XLP is an intense accelerated leadership program designed to develop high performing individuals.
- This 2 year program consists of two, 1-year assignments combined with formal functional training, part-time business projects, and shared capability training across all tracks.
- XLP members will participate in two full time stretch roles in or out of function/region while on program.
- A dedicated EB+ coach will be assigned to each program member, and they will receive various opportunities for exposure to VPs and SEB leadership.
While on program, the XLP program member will:
- Build functional domain and complete all required functional training
- Broaden cross functional perspective
- Establish networks and sponsorship
- Complete all required shared capability training
- Receive frequent insights & feedback from stakeholders
- Demonstrate ability to perform well and adapt in unfamiliar environments
- Be evaluated for program continuation, graduation, or placement in a new role off program
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent degree)
- Minimum 5 years' experience (or MBA with 3 years' experience) relevant to the functional track to which applying
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, including fluency in English language
- Consistent record of high performance
- Substantial experience (for U.S., minimum of five years)
The following are desired foundational traits that have been demonstrated by the candidate:
- Growth through failure or mistakes: Learns from previous experiences and incorporates learnings/failures into future actions
- Problem solving: Thinks clearly, takes complex problems and breaks them into appropriate pieces to identify root causes and uses the right tools, including digital solutions, in the right circumstances to maximize outcomes/inputs. Has a bias for action and makes decisions with incomplete data and understands the impact on the larger ecosystem.
- Functional capability: Possesses foundational functional knowledge and demonstrates understanding of the value proposition of the function and how it maps to customer and business outcomes
The following are desired leadership traits that have been demonstrated by the candidate:
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.