Job description / Role
Mechanical Inspectors examine mechanical units of industrial and commercial appliances and components to ensure proper quality and adherence to Company and International Safety Standards. Mechanical inspectors work in fields such as manufacturing and electronics, using specialized tools and measuring machines to test the facilities.
- Conduct inspections relevant to the Mechanical Discipline, including field construction, installation, repair & maintenance of storage tanks, pressure vessels, piping, heat transfer equipment, steel structures and static & rotating equipment.
- Monitor relevant job operations to ensure that activities are performed in accordance with the applicable plans, procedures and practices.
- Monitor associated Discipline work, Review/Approve Quality Reports and Records.
- Issue Inspection & Nonconformance Reports when there is a deficiency and recommend necessary remedial actions as per codes & standards.
- Maintain and/or assure Quality Records of specific work in the assigned discipline.
- Ensure adherence to Code Requirements and ensure that all associated Documentation and Quality Records are maintained.
- Min. 10+ years combined experiences in the oil & gas industry with a focus on mechanical installation, testing, commissioning, operation. inspection & maintenance of oil & gas storage, process & handling facilities.
- Applicant should be capable to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and should be a self-stated with the ability to direct others and require minimal supervision.
- Must have knowledge and experiences in oil, gas & water storage tanks, piping, pressure vessels, heaters, pumps, compressors, diesel generator & gas turbine with notable experience in the equipment installation and maintenance in the oil & gas industry.
- Must possess wide knowledge of the relevant international codes and standards applied in the oil & gas industry, e.g. ASTM, ANSI, BSI AWS, API, especially ASME Sec. Vill, 831.3, API 510, 610, 616, 619, 650, 653, 670, 686, 5L, etc.
- Candidate must have a positive attitude to team work, and should have experience working abroad with frequent site visits to monitor projects he is involved with, desert & costal experience preferable.
- Must possess good English written and oral communication skills.
- Min. Welding Inspector Level 21AWS CWI.
- High School diploma, plus 10 years of experience in relevant Mechanical Inspection activities, or 12 years of Industry Experience and 8 years minimum in relevant Oil & Gas Mechanical Inspection activities with 3 years in Leadership positions
- Computer skill: Sufficient for the execution of discipline inspection activities
About the Company
A multi-disciplined workforce of engineers and specialists.
Taknia have been providing integrated technical and practical expertise in consultancy, engineering and project management services to the oil, gas and petrochemical industries since 1990.
We offer a comprehensive range of services throughout the project life cycle:
Feasibility Studies Conceptual Designs Project Management Engineering Procurement Construction Supervision and Commissioning Quality Control Quality Assurance Inspection Oil Field Equipment Supplies
We are also a fully integrated Engineering Contractor capable of providing a wide range of services in both the onshore and offshore energy sector including:
Oil Production and Enhanced Recovery Petroleum Refining Natural Gas Processing Petrochemical and Chemical Processing Pipelines Non-Destructive Testing
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Design / Construction
|Abu Dhabi||29 Nov|
China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Company Limited (CPP)
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical Inspector(Waste Water Treatment, STP)
Mechanical Engineer I
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||13 Dec|