Job description / Role
Client is one of the Leading Oil Companies based in Tripoli – Libya, engaged in the fields of crude oil and natural gas exploration and production. Client was established in 1956 and its first oil discovery was made in 1959, and is currently owned by the National Oil Corporation (NOC) in a Joint Venture with three major American Oil Companies. Client is involved in upstream activities, including oil exploration, drilling, production & shipping and operate four oil fields in Libya.
- Take a leading role in defining, analyzing, proposing and implementing solutions to technical problems relating to process and mechanical facilities.
- Managing capital and mechanical engineering projects.
- Accurately prepare cost estimates, evaluating economics, requests for authorization and requests for funds with minimal direction.
- Monitor the business and technical environment to anticipate technology opportunities. Initiate, define, and lead technical projects to address these opportunities.
- Plan projects and coordinate installation with plant maintenance, production groups, and outside contractors.
- Establish project objectives, tactics, and plans.
- Develop safe, practical equipment designs and specifications.
- Obtain material by evaluating quotations, writing requisitions and coordinating timely delivery to meet installation target dates.
- Provide technical supervision of installations and start-up of new or revised equipment.
- Collaborate on projects, reaching beyond traditional engineering responsibilities, to assist others as necessary to achieve goals.
- Foster collaborative relationships within and between organizations, project teams, and work groups, and with customers and suppliers.
- Fostering technical growth in others and monitoring others in field of expertise.
- Lead groups of engineers and technicians or multi- disciplinary teams.
- Prepare RFQ, mechanical Deliverables, mechanical Specifications of equipment and Vendor Packages, Scope of Work for Vendors and Contractors.
- Prepare Bid Evaluations and Technical Recommendation of Vendors / Contractors.
The applicant shall have the qualification below, and as a minimum he shall be capable of carrying out the above functions and provide evidence of experience on the following requirements:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University or institution.
- 15-years experience as a Mechanical Engineer in Oil & Gas industry.
- Expert knowledge of mechanical drive systems and hydraulic/pneumatic systems.
- Experience in developing safe, practical equipment designs and specifications.
- Experience in projects planning and coordination and communication with EPIC - Experience in providing project management, technical oversight, and project follow-up on mechanical and capital projects.
- Ability to develop and sell a concept/project for plant improvement.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Effective project management and team leadership skills.
- Ability to mentor and influence.
About the Company
A leading oil services company in Libya