Job description / Role
Client is one of the Leading Oil Companies based in Tripoli – Libya, engaged in the fields of crude oil and natural gas exploration and production. Client was established in 1956 and its first oil discovery was made in 1959, and is currently owned by the National Oil Corporation (NOC) in a Joint Venture with three major American Oil Companies. Client is involved in upstream activities, including oil exploration, drilling, production & shipping and operate four oil fields in Libya.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
To conduct review of process aspects of processing facilities for revamp and/or new installation including Engineering design of pressure maintenance, transport and export facilities. Also to provide consultancy services in areas of expertise, such as conceptual designs for modifications or new process facilities, evaluates requests for process engineering support. Ensures application of latest applicable codes and standards in the design. To develop project strategies and execution plans for presentation to Management for approval. Provides technical advice to operating divisions on all relevant engineering aspects in the Oil & Gas processing and production.
- Take a leading role in defining, analyzing, proposing and implementing solutions to technical problems relating to process engineering.
- Managing capital and chemical engineering projects.
- Well Experienced in conceptual studies, design reviews and investigation.
- Accurately prepare cost estimates, evaluating economics, requests for authorization and requests for funds with minimal direction.
- Monitor the business and technical environment to anticipate technology opportunities. Initiate, define, and lead technical projects to address these opportunities.
- Plan projects and coordinate installation with plant maintenance, production groups, and outside contractors.
- Establish project objectives, tactics, and plans.
- Develop safe, practical equipment designs and specifications.
- Obtain material by evaluating quotations, writing requisitions and coordinating timely delivery to meet installation target dates.
- Provide technical supervision of installations and start-up of new or revised equipment.
- Collaborate on projects, reaching beyond traditional engineering responsibilities, to assist others as necessary to achieve goals.
- Foster collaborative relationships within and between organizations, project teams, and work groups, and with customers and suppliers.
- Fostering technical growth in others and mentoring others in field of expertise.
- Lead groups of engineers and technicians or multi- disciplinary teams.
- Prepare RFQ, Process Deliverables, Process Specifications of equipment and Vendor Packages, Scope of Work for Vendors and Contractors.
- Prepare Bid Evaluations and Technical Recommendation of Vendors / Contractors.
The applicant shall have the qualification below , and as a minimum he shall be capable of carrying out the above functions and provide evidence of experience on the following requirements :
- BSc or MSc in Chemical Engineering from an accredited University or institution.
- 15-years experience as a Chemical Engineer in Oil & Gas industry.
- Expert and knowledgeable of chemical engineering drive systems and hydraulic/pneumatic systems.
- Experience in developing safe, practical equipment designs and specifications.
- Experience in planning projects and coordinating installation
About the Company
A leading oil services company in Libya