Job description / Role
• Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
• Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon Safety Policies. Measure sites’ performance against published requirements in safety policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
• Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
• Analyze safety metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
• Perform frequent site safety audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FCs.
• Audit recordkeeping practices and Global Safety Database entries to ensure compliance to global safety standards and local regulations.
• Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
• Manage and mentor Safety Associates in your assigned FC.
• Spend time at the fulfillment centers and seek input from Safety teams, Associates and leaders on safety program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
• Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
• Attractive Salary Package
• Distribution Center or Manufacturing Safety experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people preferred
• Master’s degree preferred
• Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
• Certified Safety Professional preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with site leaders. Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies
• Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
• Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
• 3+ years of increasing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations
• Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment
• Experience managing multiple direct reports
• Bachelor’s degree in safety, environmental, ergonomics or a related field required, or 2+ years Amazon work experience
• Must be flexible regarding shifts
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.