Job description / Role
• Drilling Supervisors are primarily responsible for managing daily activities at the rig site, leading the effective implementation of the well program and operational response to any unexpected conditions encountered during drilling.
• She/he will report to Manager D&C Superintendent— Malaysia, Drilling to support the appraisal drilling
• Specific activities include but are not limited to;
• Ensure safety and environmental performance are given the highest priority during well operations including adherence with, Contractor, and Vendor EHS Policies
• Supervise on site drilling related activities to ensure that well plans are followed and regularly communicate progress to the Drilling Superintendent
• Optimize drilling performance based on real time drilling information and parameters
• Communicate rig specific forecasts to the Drilling Superintendent and collectively work to optimize field wide operations
• Coordinate with Contractor, Equipment and Service Providers to provide operational forecasts to allow continuous operations and contingency plans and provide performance feedback to the Drilling Superintendent
• Monitor drilling fluid and cement preparation for strict adherence to quality standards
• Monitor and report daily costs to ensure cost effective operations
• Supervise rig move and rig up/down operations
• Conduct operations in compliance with Global Drilling and Completions Operating Standards
• Degree in Engineering, (or equivalent work experience)
• Advanced Degree MS Office suite intermediate level skills required; with demonstrable advanced MS Word skills as a mandatory requirement
• with experience in Extended Reach Drilling (ERD) and/or High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) experience
• 10 years' working experience in oil and gas industries with experience in particularly Drilling contract execution activities
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.