Job description / Role
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of a cohesive academic and school improvement strategy in line with corporate vision for all curriculum and levels in order to enhance student learning outcomes and achievement.
Curriculum Development/ Academic Support
* Formulate policies that facilitate in the implementation of standards, through building a nationwide consensus among all key stakeholders and monitor their implementation.
* Determine and implement regional academic priorities.
* Provide oversight and direction into the research and development of new EY curriculum programmes, in lieu of international trends and internal SEU findings and recommendations.
* Define curriculum and teaching standards and guidelines for all subjects and levels.
* Supervise the evaluation, development and implementation of special pilot programmes or projects.
* Review the BSS booklist on an annual basis and ensure up-gradation of all school libraries in line with identified benchmarks.
* Review student / staff assessment tools on a regular and on-going basis and analyse performance for effectiveness in improving student achievement.
* Take steps to ensure and enhance student achievement by setting appropriate benchmarks for assessment and improvement programs for low and high achievers.
* Propose Value Addition to enhance the teaching and learning at the school.School Improvement & Professional Development
* Design and disseminate a school improvement framework that gives all pre-schools the capacity to use data to improve teaching and learning.
* Work with pre-school leadership to develop and execute comprehensive strategic plans that meet the affective, cognitive, and physical needs of the students in the region.
* Implement mechanism to hold schools accountable for progress towards the goals set out in the School Improvement Plans.
* Provide scalable instructional program leadership to all school leaders with specific responsibility for planning, development, implementation, assessment and improvement across all current and future schools. Monitor, provide feedback to and evaluate school leaders providing clarity of roles, functions, goals and accountability.
* Develop and lead principals and school heads in their roles as instructional leaders and site managers.
* Establish systems for school improvement and ongoing development and monitors the progress and professional development for school heads and teachers.
* Assist schools with developing and implementing strategies to increase student numbers.
* Master's degree, or higher, in Education from a reputable, foreign university;
* At least 10 - 12 years of experience and proven track record of teaching and preferably running an Early Years school and curriculum development with clear understanding of Early Childhood Care and Education ("ECCE") nationally or internationally;
* Knowledge of curriculum and teaching methodologies that enhance students' learning;
* Comprehensive knowledge of change management in education;
* Schools operations and the issues related to them;
* Opportunities provided by technology for the enhancement of student learning and teacher development;
* Business implications in private education;
* English (Fluent in both written and spoken), proficiency in other languages an added advantage;
* Possess strong analytical, leadership, decision making, conflict management & team management and excellent communication skills;
* Personality Traits - Patience, flexible & adaptable, result-oriented, logical, honest, integrity, compassionate and responsible;
* Internal Liaison: Heads of Departments/ Internal Stakeholders;
* External Liaison: External Educational Organisations;
In return, you will receive a salary package of £33,500.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results