Job description / Role
Maintenance Engineer (Filling and Packaging) - Job is based in Malaysia
A leading food manufacturer has made available a Maintenance Engineer (Filling and Packaging) job to oversee troubleshooting and root cause analysis activities to ensure technical performance and high reliability of filling and packaging equipment.
About the Maintenance Engineer (Filling and Packaging) Role:
In this Maintenance Engineer position, you will be required to support and be involved in the execution and implementation of the corrective actions in order to optimise maintenance cost as well as reduce unscheduled stoppages.
• Participate, support and implement maintenance routines and its methodologies
• Support the Autonomous Maintenance (AM) pillar procedures
• Optimise filling and packaging service lines and serve as technical expert to assist teams in eliminating repeat packaging equipment failures
• Test, evaluate and implement alternative operational practices/technologies to increase efficiency
• Provide input for organisation’s annual budget as well as analysing the over/under spending in area of responsibility and suggest proper corrective actions
• Determine training needs, develop tools and communication aids, or provide training to his subordinates to maintain the continuity of production output and meet the business growth
To succeed in this Maintenance Engineer (Filling and Packaging) role, you will need to have a strong hands-on background in filling and packaging equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Tertiary qualification in Engineering (preferably Electrical, Mechanical) or relevant field of study
• Minimum of three years' hands-on experience in maintaining equipment in FMCG manufacturing industry
• Experience in maintaining TETRAPAK or SIDEL equipment is highly regarded
• Possess good knowledge of mechanical troubleshooting, SAM (Stoppage Analysis Module), Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and Automated Modular Management (AMM)
• Exposure to TPM and preventive maintenance execution is highly regarded
• This global company has been providing nutrition products with the incorporation of industry best practices in global food safety programmes, implementing innovative research efforts and maintaining an efficient high hygiene manufacturing plant.
If you are a career-driven maintenance engineer looking for opportunity to enhance your professional career, this Maintenance Engineer (Filling and Packaging) job is ideal for you.
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.