Job description / Role
• Formulate the annual academic and developmental plans for each school, in liaison with relevant internal stakeholders including Principals, HoD’s and the RO Academic team.
• Facilitate in the formulation of policies and implementation of standards and monitor their implementation.
• Provide assistance in research and development of new curriculum programmes, with respect to international trends and internal SEU findings and recommendations.
• Review and formalize existing teaching standards and guidelines for all class levels.
• Design, disseminate and coordinate implementation of a school improvement framework that gives all schools the capacity to use data to improve teaching and learning.
• Identify gaps with the set standards and develop concrete action plan to bridge the gaps. Actively coordinate the action plan implementation and monitor.
• Implement mechanism to hold schools accountable for progress towards the goals set out in the School Improvement Plans.
• Establish systems for school improvement and ongoing development and monitor progress for all academic staff.
• Monitor tutor performance and develop and implement action plans to ensure enhanced effectiveness.
• Review student / staff assessment tools on a regular and ongoing basis and analyze performance for effectiveness in improving student achievement.
• Take steps to ensure and enhance student achievement by setting appropriate benchmarks for assessment and improvement programmes for low and high achievers.
• Supervise the evaluation, development and implementation of special pilot programmes or projects.
• This position is responsible for articulation of international standards for schools, development and implementation of a cohesive academic and school improvement strategy in line with those standards and the corporate vision, ensuring compliance and quality assurance in order to enhance student learning outcomes and achievement.
In return you will receive a salary of £46,056 - £50,661 + benefits
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results