Job description / Role
Project: This is a 5-star island development comprising luxury beach and water villas. Mace is providing project management in all facets of the project activities to deliver the project to meet cost, time and quality requirements.
This role will be working on a rotation basis of 8 weeks on and 2 weeks off.
Mace is looking for a full-time construction manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Assisting in controlling and managing elements of the project to enable the project to be delivered to the agreed budget, time and quality standards required.
• Assisting in producing project reports for issues to clients on a weekly and monthly basis, as required, to report on project progress and performance.
• Supporting in the development of project strategic programmes and monitoring progress against them.
• Helping on the overall on-site safety management including recording issues on the SHE online.
• Supporting all on-site quality control, coordination of benchmarks and liaison with the construction supervisors.
• Carrying out three times weekly SHE inspections of the site and logging on to the SHE online system and Yellowjacket.
• Managing the site coordination including chairing the daily/weekly meetings with the contractor.
• Reviewing the contractor method statements/risk assessments.
• Agreeing in short terms programmes with the contractor.
• Working with the project director to assess the contractors’ monthly applications for payment.
• Attending off-site inspections as directed by the project director.
• Agreeing in final quality inspections with the construction supervisors.
• Ensuring full understanding of all the contractors’ scopes.
• Providing input information to the electronic document management system and to other project control systems.
• Supporting the commercial manager/quantity surveyor with project information.
• Managing the project functions and reporting to the project director on all commercial aspects of the project.
• Maintaining a daily detailed diary of activities ensuring all delays are recorded.
• Reporting any issues of non-compliance.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and work collaboratively with our dynamic, motivated teams.
• We envisage you will bring experience from a consultancy background having worked on high-end luxury hotels and be comfortable working on a rotational basis.
• You will be poised to expand your own horizons and be ready to thrive in an environment that encourages growth.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Project Manager - Construction
Construction Manager (Buildings)
|Abu Dhabi||8 Mar|
Project Manager - Construction
|Saudi Arabia||17 Jan|
Project Construction Manager
TRS Staffing Solutions
|Saudi Arabia||1 Apr|