Job description / Role
The Company is a leading player in large scale food manufacturing and production in Malta with a sizeable market share. It comprises of a production premises handling a wide range of food products including but not restricted to bakery products, ready-made meals, filled pasta and pastry products and includes event and contract catering, all of which entail distribution, logistics/export both for the local and export market.
The General Manager will be responsible for directing all aspects of the operations. He/she will be responsible for planning, organising and executing all functions inherent in such a large operation. He/She is expected to take an entrepreneurial approach to the business and the ideal candidate shall be familiar with the market, particularly potential businesses, experienced in the food manufacturing industry with thorough knowledge of all HACCP procedures and processes including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). The candidate shall also be required to exhibit his aptitude to control and deliver results in managing and motivating people, ensure optimal quality, service and cost control.
• University degree or equivalent experience in the food manufacturing industry required.
• 5+ years of progressive leadership experience in a food manufacturing, distribution and logistics/export environment.
• 5+ years leading an automated production facility in the food manufacturing industry.
• Knowledge of warehouse management, transportation management, inventory control systems.
• Broad knowledge of standards of manufacturing technology, equipment, food safety, organizational development/management, finance and employee relations.
• Excellent organizational, leadership, motivational, analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
• A successful track record of being able to establish and achieve performance goals and objectives for safety, quality, cost control, manufacturing efficiency and process development.
• Ability to effectively communicate fluent both verbally and in writing English
• Ability to read and analyse financial reports with a thorough understanding of P&L and budget projections.
• Able to effectively present and communicate performance to senior leadership.
About the Company
A leading retail chain in Malta.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies