JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Recruit a team whose attitudes and behaviors are consistent with the core behaviors
- Create a positive social climate that fosters employee contribution and commitment to the company's vision
- Promote the integration of new recruits and their adaptation to the Accor Hotels culture based on the integration procedure in force (Pre-hire, welcome day, mentoring system, feedback interviews, confirmation of hiring)
Establish a documented professional training program
- Provide on-the-job training for staff
- Conduct performance reviews with team members and provide constructive feedback based on individual strengths and areas for improvement
- Suggest to the HR Manager and the General Manager proposals for staff tenure, based on basic behaviors, skills and potential career path.
- Create career development plans for team members and assist them in building these plans.
- Develop initiative and autonomy in his employees.
- Implement a succession plan for the department
- Sanction in accordance with procedures when necessary
- Develop the budget for the finance department
- Assist in the establishment of the operational budgets of the various departments and consolidate the final operational budget of the hotel - Establish the cash flow budget
- Establish the renewal budget (FF&E)
- Organize P&L meetings and credit meetings - Participate in operating and forecast meetings
- Create a Profit Protection Plan in a crisis situation
- Supervise and approve all accounting and financial documents and ensure their accuracy and authenticity
- Conduct strategic studies as required or requested
- Verify and sign off on all accounting and bank reconciliations
- Liaise with the owner company, internal and external auditors and statutory auditors on accounting and financial matters in conjunction with the General Manager of the hotel
- Handle relations with banks, in conjunction with the head office finance department and hotel management, for all financial aspects
- Ensure that budgetary, accounting, administrative and financial controls are properly followed
- Manage the hotel's cash flow using a monthly budget established for this purpose
- Carry out monthly financial reconciliations.
- Sign purchase orders with purchase requisitions jointly and before final approval by the hotel manager, then proceed with payments by checks co-signed with the General Manager
- Verify and analyze the monthly balance of accounts receivable prior to the dedicated periodic meeting
- Oversee periodic and unannounced inventories related to cashiering, F&B, SME, General Store, hotel heavy equipment and maintenance.
- Verify and sign off on the vendor ageing balance and approve payments for the month Sign off on the recruitment request from the HR department, and verify compliance with the budget
- Review and approve the payroll journal - Ensure proper application of tax and social laws in force
- Approve tax and social security returns and be responsible for their content and timely submission to the tax authorities
- Manage all insurance policies related to the operation of the hotel in conjunction with the relevant departments at the head office
Manage litigation files in conjunction with the HR department
- Exceptionally, and within the framework of his/her duties, carry out specific training, study, supervision, coordination, assistance or control missions for other group establishments (task force)
- Ensure that all Accor standards are met
- 5 years of higher education in accounting or finance from a leading school
- Minimum 5 years experience as a financial manager, preferably in the hotel industry
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English
- Team leader able to inspire his or her team and get them to share the company's vision.
- Able to train his/her team.
Title of competence
- Have a thorough knowledge of accounting and finance
- Be oriented towards the achievement of strategic objectives
- Ability to produce accurate performance indicators
- Ability to plan one's activity
- Be at ease with computer tools
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all departments
- Be a source of inspiration for his/her team
- Be an example of basic behavior
- Be decisive
- To be discreet in the execution of his/her duties
- To be perfectly autonomous
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.