JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
- Preparing drawings, plans and diagrams of electrical installations and circuitry.
- Assisting Electrical Engineers and Engineering Technologists in design and layout of electrical installations and circuitry on substations, switchgear, cabling systems and motor control systems.
- Collecting data, performing tests and complex calculations, graphing results, and preparing charts and tabulations
- Estimating materials costs and quantities.
- Inspecting designs and finished products for compliance with specifications and regulations.
- Assembling, installing, testing, calibrating, modifying and repairing electrical equipment and installations to conform with regulations and safety requirements.
- Undertaking electrical workshop functions such as installing assemblies for protection relays, metering and indicating devices
- Assisting with research and experimentation programs.
- Electrical Systems & Controls
- Installations & Maintenance
- Switches & Circuit Breakers
- Electrical Code, Safety & QA
- Wiring Diagrams
- Electromechanical Repairs
- Competent and confident reading electrical schematics
- Significant experience wiring industrial machinery
- Competent and confident identifying, installing, and wiring motor control devices, VFDs, Block I/O, control transformers, reactors, and other typical, industrial machine components.
- Experience installing and testing safety controllers, interlocks, RFIDs, and other industrial safety and automation devices.
- Commitment to personal safety on the job and expert knowledge of PPE, LO/TO, Arc Flash, and other safety practices
Language - Functional English is a must.
- An average band score of 4.5 for IELTS
- Or total band score of 30 for PTE will also be sufficient
- Or completion of a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate in an institution with two years of full-time study where all instructions were in English also suffices.
Benefits and Salary
- Fulltime position
- Attractive salary plus superannuation and leave entitlements
- Competitive pay rates
- Varying work
- Being part of a safe, innovative, high preforming, flexible culture
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are a recruitment agency based in Oman.