JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We have an opportunity with a tier 1 contractor working with the largest contractor in Bahrain. This is for the Asphalt Division, which supports the main construction arm of the group.
This would be an ideal opportunity for a candidate with 10 years minimum experience to work with a leading construction giant on some major infrastructure & build projects in the Middle East.
This role is working with the largest & well-established Arabic contractor in Bahrain, with a large number of expats within key positions.
We are willing to relocate the correct candidate from their home country for their first overseas assignment.
As part of the site management team the Works/Section Manager perform a technical, organizational and supervisory role to ensure that the works are constructed in compliance with technical, quality, safety and program requirements and within budget.
Works/Section Manager also plans and establishes procedures and methods by which staff must abide when performing tasks. He also reviews production reports on a regular basis and implements corrective actions, if necessary.
- A section manager organizes, directs and supervises activities related to production processes within a firm.
- Also ensures that operating activities and contractor work adheres to corporate policies and production plans.
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the project drawings and specification to ensure works are constructed in compliance with contract drawings, specification and Ministry/industry standards.
- Planning and organizing the site to ensure the works progresses in line with the program and milestone completion dates.
- Obtain the necessary permits and licenses and ensure the works meet local rules and regulations.
- Maximizes profit by managing material wastages, controlling labour and plant costs, and maintaining progress of the works.
- Regularly assists in the preparation of budgets/cost forecasts to ensure the project financial objectives are met.
- Implement the appropriate work methods to execute the works.
- Ensure the timely deployment of labour, plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
- Identifies and manages project risks.
- Develop recovery plans to mitigate delays.
- Liaises with all stakeholders and attends meetings.
- Responsible for the application and maintenance of the company Integrated Management System and SHEQ Procedures.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
- Ensure site records are maintained and prepare reports as required.
- Responsible for the training and development of subordinate staff and maintaining a harmonious work environment.
- Perform other related duties as required by management.
- Reporting to - Project Director & Project Manager
- BTech - Civil Engineering Degree
- 10 years+ experience with roads & infrastructure projects (mandatory)
- 5years minimum experience in similar role
- Proven track record
- Experienced manager
- Worked for a reputable main contractor previously
- BHD 2,000 per month + private medical + flight ticket to country of origin annually.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We have spent years building our key client & candidate bases; only working with the top firms in the market who have the same philosophy as us. We only partner with ethical businesses who have an excellent reputation in the market, allowing us to attract the very best talent for our clients.
We refuse to be like most recruiters – targeted on CV sends & quantity over quality. We do not operate a KPI environment. We will always have a direct, honest & transparent approach to our clients and candidates delivering a first in class service at all times; whether you are recruiting an engineer or director.
We have the capabilities, coupled with local market knowledge to manage your projects from concept design to completion. We recruit in the following countries: UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar & Kuwait.
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inPlanning Engineer Jobs in Manama
HSE Engineer Jobs in Manama
Software Engineer Jobs in Manama