JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
For a Fintech company that is leading provider of AI-based Big Data analytics.
About the company:
We are dedicated to helping financial organizations combat financial crimes through money laundering facilitating malicious crimes such as terrorist financing, narco-trafficking, and human trafficking which negatively impact the global economy.
Our Unsupervised and Semi-Supervised Intuitive AI solutions enable clients to manage risk, detect money laundering schemes, uncover operational issues, and reveal valuable new growth opportunities.
We are looking for a Backend Developer to join the RnD department.
About the position
• Design and develop a scalable data processing and ML pipeline using the latest big data technologies in a fast paced agile environment
• Investigate new technological areas and understand them in depth through rapid self- learning
• Demonstrates strong analytical problem-solving skills to support scalable and sustainable design solutions
• Ability to take ownership of product development including all life cycle stages: translating product requirements into actionable designs and tasks, development, UT, and production troubleshooting
• At least 2 years of hands-on development experience
• Experience developing data-oriented products preferably using Python or Java
• Experience in data processing FW such as Spark, Pandas, Hadoop, Airflow
• Experience in Distributed Databases (Such as Elasticsearch, Mongo, Redis, etc’)
• Experience with developing microservices based architecture
• Experience working in container-based environments using tools such as K8s, helm
• Experience working as a software developer in an Agile environment
Nice to have:
• Experience in machine learning FWs such as SKLearn, Tensorflow
• Experience with RedHat OpenShift
• Dev Environment knowledge: GIT, Jenkins, Docker
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Regional Labs is a new player in the Middle Eastern tech ecosystem. We are a regional network of Innovation Hubs, designed to link the tech ecosystems in the region and thus provide startups with an additional layer of market access and connectivity. Our HQ is in Manama, the capital of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
We work in coordination with governmental entities, key regional players, and local stakeholders in each respective ecosystem, aiming to fortify the breakthroughs made possible by the Abraham Accords through interpersonal relationships, and technological transference.