JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
For a Fintech company that is leading provider of AI-based Big Data analytics.
About the company:
We are dedicated to helping financial organizations combat financial crimes through money laundering facilitating malicious crimes such as terrorist financing, narco-trafficking, and human trafficking which negatively impact the global economy.
We are looking for a Data Scientist for customer-facing projects that combine data science with deep knowledge and understanding of machine learning and big data technologies to create solutions for customers’ challenges and needs, defining and developing appropriate technical and business solutions. The Data Scientist will work closely with our product Management, Algorithm, Engineering, and Customer Success teams and lead external partners to successful implementations of our platform and solutions.
• Deliver successful deployment and Pilots
• Manage and design the Customer-specific technical solution throughout the project life cycle
• Technical leadership of Data Science & Engineering aspects and team members including partners
• Work on various data sources and apply sophisticated feature engineering capabilities
• Bring and use business knowledge
• Extract insights and actionable recommendations from large volumes of data and Investigate anomalies in Big Data
• Build and manage technical relationships with customers and partners
• Provide product requirements input to the Product Management team
• Train the customers on the system – system usage and monitoring aspects
• Travel to customer locations abroad
• 3+ years of experience as a data scientist.
• BSc or equivalent in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, or another related field
• Must have proven professional experience in data analytics for financial services with strong data mining and forensic skills
• Experience working with customers. Advantage – financial customers
• Must have Hands-on experience and knowledge of scripting languages: Python/PySpark as well as DS workflow management tools including MLflow, Airflow, etc.
• Experience in NLP or Graph Algorithms - an advantage
• Working experience with Linux OS - an advantage
• Fluent in English - written and spoken
• Ability to travel to customer locations abroad
• Able to solve tech problems for customers; improvise; cope with unexpected challenges
• Able to drive relevant internal functions to deliver/solve a problem for customers/partners
• A motivated, self-starter who can demonstrate high analytical and technical skills
• Ability to design creative solutions for complex requirements
• Ability to learn and lead projects independently, and to work with minimal supervision with customers (tech & business)
• Strong interpersonal relationship building
• Ability to execute multiple projects and drive key business results under tight deadlines
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Regional Labs is a new player in the Middle Eastern tech ecosystem. We are a regional network of Innovation Hubs, designed to link the tech ecosystems in the region and thus provide startups with an additional layer of market access and connectivity. Our HQ is in Manama, the capital of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
We work in coordination with governmental entities, key regional players, and local stakeholders in each respective ecosystem, aiming to fortify the breakthroughs made possible by the Abraham Accords through interpersonal relationships, and technological transference.