JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The Maintenance Control Director is responsible for monitoring and maintaining documents of all MQ-9 scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. Thie position will directly supports continuous communication with Government representatives such as the COR and Maintenance Officer regarding contract requirements.
- Monitors and maintains documents of all MQ-9 scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Will keep Site Manager and Maintenance Officer always briefed on aircraft/GCS status.
- Plans and coordinates all aircraft/GCS inspections (special, conditional, phase, etc.).
- Dispatch and monitoring of all assigned tasks and associated jobs to work centers.
- Works closely with operations to ensure aircraft/GCSs are available to meet the Flight Schedule.
- Works with approved DoD Maintenance Systems, which will include IMDS and NALCOMIS.
- Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly reports in support of aircraft/GCS long range maintenance requirements.
- Maintains Aircraft/GCS Discrepancy Books showing completed as well as outstanding maintenance actions.
- Ensures all required maintenance has been performed before flights.
- Brief and de-brief of pilots as required, assisting in the documentation of aircraft/GCS flight time and maintenance discrepancies.
- Comply with all current sections of the NAVAIRINST 3710.1 (series), AFI 21-101, Aircraft and Equipment Maintenance Management, AFI 21-103 Equipment Inventory, Status and Utilization Reporting and CNAFINST 4790.2 (series) as applicable to aircraft/GCS maintenance.
- Maintains aircraft/GCS historical records, as well as various other aircraft/GCS files in support of aircraft/GCS maintenance.
- Verification of all Maintenance Action Documentation prior to submission to the Navy, working closely with Logs and Records to ensure timely submission into upline data reporting systems and required logbook entries.
- Corrects and re-submits all Naval generated reports via upline data reporting systems.
- Responsible for mission configuration, working with various civil service work centers with uploads and systems checks as required.
- Ensures work area is maintained in a neat and orderly manner and that all safety rules and regulations are observed.
- May work with other groups or personnel to resolve problems.
- Will instruct and assist in training of lower-level employees in proper work methods and performance of their job duties.
- Performs related duties as assigned including all duties of lower rated technical personnel within their classification.
- Works with the Site Manager to reassign contract personnel between work centers as needed to support the daily flight schedule requirements.
- Maintenance Control Director ensures each shop performs a written pass down between shifts, to be annotated in a shop logbook that will be shared with the Government upon request. Tasks personnel, as needed, in transporting pilots to the Combat Aircraft Loading Area and other hangars when Government. personnel are not available. The Maintenance Control Director documents in writing (daily within six hours of receipt) to Government Maintenance Representative (GMR) with status/progress report of Government issued scheduled maintenance priorities. The GMR will provide the maintenance priorities twice a day.
- Must have an active SECRET US Government clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Possess working knowledge of MQ-9 aircraft.
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university in one of the following disciplines: engineering, business, logistics, management, math, sciences, and professional aeronautics and 6 years in the performance and execution of US military requirements.
- Or High School diploma with 8 years in the performance and execution of US military requirements.
- 15 years of experience in aircraft maintenance with 10 years being in a supervisory position that included responsibility for assigning program workloads as well as duties for entire shifts.
- Minimum of 6 years in a maintenance control position.
- Experience supervising daily flight operations personnel supporting scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Experience writing with clarity and technical accuracy.
- Possess a good working knowledge of the governing supply systems, programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, and other established guidelines.
- Strong critical thinking skills-analytical ability to define or recognize the dimension of the problems involved, to collect necessary data to establish facts, and either recommend or take action based upon established guidelines.
- Familiarity with peculiarities of the Navy/Air Force/Marine Corps logistics support procedures used to support material requirements.
- Experience in aircraft maintenance plans, procedures, and policies with collective experience in monitoring and directing maintenance and supply activities.
- Shall have a valid driver's license.
- Knowledgeable of technical directives and DAFI 21-101, DAFI 21-103 and CNAFINST 4790.2 (series).
- Must be able to travel on CONUS/OCONUS deployments.
- Must meet all OCONUS deployment criteria, to include pre-deployment medical screening, as a condition of employment.
- For OCONUS deployments, must have valid U.S. Passport with a minimum of two years remaining with at least two facing pairs (four total) of blank Visa pages.
- MQ-9 Aircraft Mechanic experience or MQ-9 Avionics Technician experience desired. (All others)
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.