JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Assist pilot in command (PIC) of MQ-9 aircraft and provide safe operation of aircraft payloads, sensors and communications equipment in CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Participate in all phases of flight to include planning/briefing, execution, debrief and crew resource management.
- Adhere to specific military, civilian and ICAO flight rules to include compliance with FAA regulations.
- Provides expertise in the operation of unmanned aircraft and sensor operations.
- Develop briefing and training materials to support flight operations.
- Plans and performs a wide range of in-process analog, digital, microwave, optical and mechanical systems and equipment under ambient and environmental conditions.
- Use technical knowledge and experience with UAS operations to facilitate their integration safely and efficiently into the NAS. This effort requires collaboration with US Government organizations and the Original Equipment Manufacturer.
- Use technical knowledge and experience to support UAS integration into the NAS without reducing existing capacity, decreasing safety, negatively impacting current operators, or increasing the risk to airspace users or persons and property on the ground any more than the integration of comparable new and novel technologies.
- Must have an active Top-Secret US Government clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Top-Secret Clearance.
- High school graduate (or equivalent) with 10 plus years in the performance and execution of U.S. military requirements, or a BA/BS from an accredited college or university in one of the following disciplines: engineering, business, logistics, management, math, sciences, and professional aeronautics with 5 plus years in the performance and execution of US military requirements
- Within the last 15 years, at least 3 years of management experience shall be in technical program/project work related to US Naval/USAF UAS flight operations.
- Qualified MQ-9 Sensor Operator or previously qualified MQ-9 Sensor Operator (Form 8 within last 3 years)
- Must have at least 200 hours as MQ-9 Sensor Operator
- Must possess current FAA Class I or Class II Medical Certificate or DOD equivalent.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to professionally interface with numerous levels of management, customers, and peers.
- The ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- The ability to work as a team to accomplish mission requirements.
- Must be able to travel on CONUS/OCONUS deployments.
- Must meet all OCONUS deployment criteria, to include pre-deployment medical screening, as a condition of employment.
- For OCONUS deployments, must have valid U.S. Passport with a minimum of two years remaining with at least two facing pairs (four total) of blank Visa pages.
- Qualified MQ-9 Line of Sight Launch and Recovery (LOS L/R) Sensor Operator or previously qualified MQ-9 LOS L/R Sensor Operator (Form 8 within last 3 years)
- Current or previously qualified MQ-9 instructor Sensor Operator.
- Operational experience at a deployed location acting as an MQ-9 Sensor Operator within the last 5 years.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.