JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Job Description: The planning engineer oversees the production of individual project schedules; and the generation of manpower forward load at discipline level across the operation.
Key Result Areas:
- Generate schedules (including bar charts, S-curves, histograms, deliverables lists).
- Prepare forward load forecasts for the projects, including monitoring and reporting manpower utilisation.
Job Context General:
- Understanding the engineering environment and associated deliverables.
- Interface with project personnel to develop project forecasts
- Ensure through quality practices that work is completed accurately and in accordance with company procedures.
- Promote the identification of potential areas of concern or improvement, to maximise cost effectiveness on projects and work practices.
Related directly to Category / Skill Set / Role in BMP:
- Prepare initial network of activities in simplified form for project programme and ensure integrity of data.
- Ensure schedules are progressed objectively according to project procedures.
- Monitor schedule risk.
- Analyse the effect of proposed changes to the project baseline and enforce the change control authorization process.
- Provide weekly status reports to project managers and clients identifying project schedule status and manpower status.
- Ensure effective coordination and cooperation between other team members, particularly in regard to cost, planning (forecasting) and procurement matters.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years relevant industry experience
- Familiarity and knowledge of project control database methods
- Excellent organisational ability and effective communication across all levels of staff.
- Progressive attitude to move with technological advances and continually improve procedures.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with others; (verbally, in written communications and in presentations / meetings).
- Ability to effectively and efficiently plan / prioritise all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of industry standard practices in cost control activities.
- Industry related degree or equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications / Beneficial:
- Chartered Engineer.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.