JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The role involves working on projects associated with flood mitigation projects, wastewater collection, water distribution, and treated sewage effluent networks, and water/wastewater treatment systems. This will involve undertaking investigations, data collection, planning, report development, concept and detailed design and tender document preparation activities such as specifications and bills of quantities and cost estimates for projects. Key responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
• Prepare concept, preliminary and detailed designs for water/wastewater infrastructure
• Review, organize and analyze data received
• Develop design standards
• Develop reports summarizing the design
• Prepare and oversee design drawings
• Manage preparation of technical specifications, BOQs, reports, and documents
• Develop specifications, engineering analysis, technical reports, design calculations, and drawings on projects
• Manage project activities through the application of technical engineering planning, principles and techniques
• Review project deliverables including writing technical reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, and drafting correspondence
• Prepare BOQs, determine budgets, timelines and cost estimates for project design and construction
• Collaboration and working as part of a team
• Work in conjunction with peer engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required
• Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and projects
• Client Service Management
• Internal and external client liaison
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
• Liaise with external stakeholders to resolve critical issues
• Experience in utility diversions and management
• Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
• Other duties as requested by the Project Manager.
Specialized in water, and wastewater to coordinate/review the work of civil design staff and to prepare concept, preliminary and detailed designs for infrastructure projects for public and private clients.
• 15 years of experience in design and in delivery of large-scale infrastructure projects within the consulting industry, with outstanding skills in water/wastewater projects
• Membership of recognized professional institutions
• Chartered/professional engineer or working towards
• Be familiar with the water, wastewater and flood mitigation design standards in GCC Countries
• International working experience – GCC Region/Europe/America (desired)
• Master’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering (or related) field from a recognized University
• Excellent command in English both written and spoken
• Experience in preparing specifications and scope of works for infrastructure projects
• The ability to manage a heavy workload, with a close attention to detail
• Full working knowledge of CAD, ESRI GIS, Hydraulic and Flood Mitigation Modeling software (InfoWater, InfoSewer, WaterGems, SewerGems and EPANET)
• The ability to work autonomously, reviewing your work on a regular basis while consistently meeting your objectives
• Strong team working capabilities. Committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis
• A proactive approach, working effectively in coordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility in all matters
• Be of the highest caliber: punctual, attentive, and competent in adhering to Stantec’s policies, procedures and working practices
• A flexible approach to working hours; with occasional weekend work if required
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.