JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Provide overall direction for the technical support team members.
• Develop a strategy, and offer a model for technical support across all offerings and solutions.
• Assist direct reports in the attainment of individual goals.
• Maintain system and develop strategies to improve on-call support.
• Support the team through coaching, development, coordination, and communication.
• Mitigate customer escalation through development of a direct customer resolution plan.
• Provide customer with a temp workaround for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found.
• Create compelling technical support offerings to be marketed and sold to customers to drive loyalty and revenue.
• Remain abreast of best practices and industry standards for continuous improvement of the Service Desk and its catalog.
• Contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
• Manage day to day operations to ensure requests are resolved in a timely and effective manner.
• Act as the day to day primary point of contact for client escalation points.
• Develop and maintain client relationships by understanding current and future needs of clients. Is a partner and provides superior client satisfaction.
• Stay up to date on all current company policy and procedures.
• Serve as a manager, mentor, knowledge resource, and escalation point for employees. Build credibility and trust within the support group.
• Mentor, motivate, and develop staff and serve as a resource to them to facilitate professional development.
• Drive timely identification, investigation, resolution, root cause analysis and replication of technical issues.
• Serve as an internal consultant to leaders and teams at varying levels throughout the organization.
• Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in business, information systems, engineering, or computer science.
• Experience with SaaS, GIS, Jira, Cloud, and APIs software and systems.
• Demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills.
• Comfortable working on deadlines and can demonstrate sound time management and critical thinking skills.
• Is comfortable using leadership skills to collaborate.
• An eye on continuous improvement.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Middle East Executive Group has become the first choice for industry professionals wanting to work in the Gulf region.
We understand exactly how supply chain performance and sales performance impacts the bottom line and top line of product led businesses and we have the experience, network & expertise to match skilled professionals with exciting new roles that suit their experience, passion and drive in this highly strategic industry.
Our specialist teams internally are;
- Commercial Management & Sales
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Strategic HR
The industries we focus on are;
- 3PL / Freight Forwarding
- Food & FMCG
- Medical & Pharmaceutical