JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
“Exciting Relocation opportunity!” Quest Search and Selection is currently partnering with a supermarket chain in Bermuda! The business operates both small supermarkets and convenience stores strategically situated across the island.
Serving the community for over four decades they focus on quality and providing a premium choice in meats, seafood, and fresh produce.
This is an opportunity to work in one of the friendliest islands in the Northern Hemisphere, with an income tax-free salary and relocation support, this is a once in a lifestyle opportunity!
The Deputy Manager is responsible for consistently providing excellent customer service and running the store in the absence of the Store Manager. You will be serving as a role model and leader to the team and possess effective delegation skills to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities as Deputy Manager:
- Responsible for adhering to scheduled opening and closing of the store.
- Guarantee exceptional service to every customer through friendly and efficient associates.
- Managing a team of up to 50 people including Department Manager (within Bakery, Fresh, Meat, Chefs Supervisors , Sales Assistants)
- Oversee the preparation of stores for quarterly and weekly inventories.
- Safeguard and manage company assets, including personnel, capital, inventory, equipment, and property.
- Enhance profitability and sales through creative merchandising, meticulous inventory control, and effective scheduling.
- Maintain fresh and accurately labelled displays, ensuring compliance with pricing and scanning audit requirements.
- Develop weekly schedules for the staff and handle weekly payroll entries.
- Training of staff members and making sure they team are working towards their development plan
- Receipt of deliveries and promptly responding to any changes.
- Accountable for cashing up procedures & reporting any discrepancies
- Possess knowledge of store reports related to profit margin, payroll percentage, shrinkage
- Handle customer requests, refunds, and complaints promptly and courteously - cascading any issues with the store manager and other senior leadership team members.
USD 5,700 to 5,800 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Visa, Flights, medical
Key Requirements for this Deputy Manager:
- Ideally having experience as assistant or store management experience in grocery sector.
- Possess a good level of mathematical skills for verifying invoices, budgeting, and financial projections.
- Has experience of food industry-related software and Microsoft programs.
- Physically capable of lifting, bending, and operating) equipment (for example the ability e to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance and perform repetitive motions
- Must have a motorbike or driving license
- Adapt to working in different environmental conditions
- Participate in community service and company holiday events with professionalism.
Benefits that include this Deputy Manager:
- Bonus potential guarantee once store is in profit
- Paid holiday + 10 Bank holidays
- Contracts are renewed every year
- Flight tickets over
- Relocation allowance
- Accommodation for your 1st month
- Access to a vehicle for your 1st month (generally scooter, motorbike for ease to get around island)
- Full orientation once on the island
- Private healthcare (to buy into)
- In Bermuda, spouses will require a work permit to work on the island. These work permits are restricted, dependent of the occupation of your spouse.
- Friendly community and extensive expat community
- Amazing weather
- Always close to a beach
- Duty Free shopping!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Quest Search & Selection is a specialist recruitment consultancy with over 20 years' experience in sourcing the world's best candidates for the global Retail, FMCG and Hospitality sectors.
With offices in the UK & Dubai, we have an international presence and a global reach. Our recruiters place candidates locally and internationally for a wide variety of roles focusing on the following areas:
Retail Buying & Merchandising, E-commerce & Digital, Food & Beverage, Hotels, Hospitality & Operations, Retail Stores & Operations, HR & Recruitment, Procurement, Supply Chain & Logistics, Sales & Marketing, Technical and New Product Development.
We work in partnership with our clients who range from famous international brands within the Retail, Restaurant, Hotel and Consumer products space. Our reputation is built on our in-depth understanding of the industry and our consultants' skill, knowledge and passion for their sectors.