JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
- The Design Manager leads the design teams during design delivery and manages design activities of projects in K&A.
- He is the main counterpart of Project Managers and a key support in client interactions.
- He works closely with Project Managers for the review and validation of design deliverables and monitors the checking and reviews of all design phases and ensures the proper implementation of all related adjustments and revisions.
- The jobholder conducts design value engineering in coordination with the Project Manager and design teams.
- He supports the Project Manager with budget, schedule, client, technical and quality management activities on projects.
- He shall stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in the design of [specialty] and represent the firm in the professional engineering community, as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, Master/Doctorate is preferable
- Minimum 20 Years Hydrology and Storm Experience with progressively responsible project roles
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of the local municipal, county, and state land use, Hydrology/Storm processes and regulations.
- Experience with Hydrology/Storm regulatory process and jurisdictional agencies
- Proficiency with Civil3D, All Hydrology/Hydraulic Software, Microsoft Office, BIM 360 Docs, Navisworks
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).