JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Supporting several Managers and Executives with following tasks:
- Co-ordinates all meeting invites
- Accepts or decline invites as per client requests
- Provides availability to relevant requests
- Set up meetings across multiple time zones
- Reservation of meeting rooms, technical equipment and catering service
- Arrangement of national and international conference calls
- Preparation and creation of meeting, event, workshop agendas
- Event- and workshop-management
- Co-ordinates all travel arrangements (local and international).
- Expense claims
- And Other Activities like:
- E-Mailbox handling for supported management
- Distribution list
- Request and tracking of data sheets
- Stand in for colleagues in case of vacation and sickness
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Priority is put on experience: at least 3 years of practice as an assistant, preferably in an international company, very good organization and communication skills
- Reliable and conscientious
- Fluent in English and Arabic (spoken and written) - communication on daily basis
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), experience with mail applications Outlook is preferred), experience as an Internet user
- Flexibility in an environment of often-changing situations
- Strong team orientation - As part of greater MEA team you will be coordinating with other colleagues.
- Efficient communication
- Passion for the business and dynamic attitude
- Proactive work habits - to be able to handle many items in the run-up
- Acceptance of working within defined processes
- Self dependency - to handle stand in situations and provide smooth support
- Stress resistant
- Organizational talent and talent for clear prioritization
- Interest to work in an innovative and permanently changing environment
- Timeliness and punctuality
ABOUT THE COMPANY
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inAssistant Jobs in Dubai
Assistant Jobs in Abu Dhabi
Assistant Jobs in Sharjah