JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Planting, horticulture and Irrigation networks engineers work on large or complicated landscape irrigation and soft scape projects. or in states that require construction plans be approved by an engineer or landscape architect. Engineers analyze existing site surveys, conduct research and identify potential structural and environmental problems. They design systems that meet all requirements, protect the structural integrity of the site and comply with all regulations. Irrigation engineers develop cost estimates and impact studies, and are actively involved in surveying and construction on the job site.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Hold meetings with contractors and clients, engineers and building architects to discuss project objectives and coordination with other trades. budget and other requirements.
- Review environmental assessments, survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical and geologic data.
- Analyze traffic patterns, soil drainage and conservation problems, water supply and flow, and other environmental conditions to identify engineering problems and assess project's potential impact.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates and material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Develop efficient and cost-effective irrigation designs that meet all requirements.
- Prepare site plans, specifications, cost estimates and environmental impact assessment.
- Direct or participate in surveying to establish reference points, grades and elevations to guide construction.
- Monitor job site progress and ensure compliance with design specifications, approved time schedule and environmental, safety , other government regulations, and notify the project manager in case of any breaches or anticipated problems observed.
- Review and approve contractor technical submittals comprising plants specs, irrigation network devices specs, planting and irrigation networks installation method statement, planting nursery conditions, fertilizing and maintenance procedures, sweet sand chemical analysis, composite technical specs and mixing.
- Review and approval of as-built drawings.
- +12 years of Experience
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture engineering .
- Five years civil or structural engineering and irrigation experience required; field experience in construction, irrigation or landscape installation preferred.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).