JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Main purpose of the job:
The Local Strategic Buyer is responsible for developing, validating, communicating and implementing sourcing strategies for locally managed Marketing & Corporate Services (i.e. Admin) spend categories, following the Strategic Sourcing Process tools, templates and policies developed by Nestlé Procurement and applying the Nestlé Standardized Procurement Model. She/he has to ensure the efficient implementation of new or changing items/services, P2P channel management and of new suppliers.
For Marketing & Corporate Services spend categories managed by Global Procurement team, she/he is also responsible for understanding, communicating and helping to implement the global sourcing strategies on a local level (at the market) including new or changing items/services, P2P channel management and of new suppliers. She/he gathers and conveys local requirements to communicate them to Procurement Business Partners and Global Procurement Category teams for setting actions/strategies accordingly.
• Define and implement the strategies for the locally managed categories, utilizing the Strategic Sourcing Process tools, templates and policies developed by Nestlé Procurement, to ensure delivering competitive advantage to the business.
• Communicate effectively with Global Buyers to implement global strategies of globally managed categories in the local market, ensuring local requirements are captured and local competitive advantage is achieved.
• Define and implement the Category's strategies utilizing the Strategic Sourcing Process tools, templates and policies.
• Perform supplier market analysis, category analysis, and supply risk analysis, and develop TCO understanding, as well as the map of how sourcing process and channels work within the locally managed category, and identify improvements to be targeted.
• Prepare and execute negotiation events seeking best TCO contracts and beneficial commercial agreements with suppliers for the locally managed categories.
• Identify and implement opportunities to lower total cost of ownership and ensure responsible supply.
• Bachelor's of Engineering or any relevant field.
• Demonstrated experience in implementation of sourcing strategies for different spend categories over a sustained period (1-2 years).
• Has experience in one or more spend categories as Sourcing Specialist, using the Strategic Sourcing Process.
• Demonstrated successful use of risk management, responsible sourcing and supplier relation management.
• Has experience in negotiation
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.