JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Medical Delegate - Cairo East
Main Purpose of the Job:
The medical delegate is responsible for the ethical detailing of Nestlé Infant Nutrition products in assigned territory by clearly communicating to medical / paramedical contacts accurate information about these products, their features and benefits and their appropriate use whenever mothers are unable or choose not to breastfeed their babies, and within guidelines as set by NME Nutrition in compliance with WHO International Code of Marketing of Breast-Milk substitutes, Nestlé Instructions and local country codes.
- Promote Nestlé’s belief that Breastfeeding is Best for Babies and that Breastfeeding is recommendable over all other feeding alternatives for infants
- Provide reliable information on infant nutrition and infant feeding practices for medical/ paramedical contacts in areas that interest or affect them in their regular practice, according to current cycle detailing objectives and materials, becoming a reference advisor on these topics
- Participate in the organization and running of on Product Knowledge, Nutrition or related topics medical/paramedical scientific meetings including their sponsorship meeting, guest lecturer invitation.
- Identify and maintain relevant information on all contacts in assigned territory via master list, including classification on interest and importance, and by regular call cards completion
- Monitor and report to the Medical Field Manager on activities of our competitors including new competitor products, communication strategies, etc.
- Maintain proper records and registers of all correspondence and actions undertaken in daily activities
- Ensure strict adherence and compliance on all activities undertaken to the WHO International Code of Marketing of Breast-Milk substitutes and Nestle Instructions and local country codes.
- Ensure strict adherence and compliance on all activities undertaken, including those taking place on trade, to the WHO International Code of Marketing of Breast-Milk substitutes and Nestlé Instructions and local country codes. Ensure as well compliance with Nestlé’s strictest requirements that Nestlé marketing and sales personnel will not seek contact with, or give advice to pregnant women, or mothers of infants and young children regarding Infant Formula in their business capacity.
- 0 - 2 years of experience preferably as Medical Delegate
- Bachelor degree in Pharmaceutical Science, Medicine, Nutrition and Biology
- Bilingual (English & Arabic)
- Ability to travel extensively within remote areas
- Demonstrate the ability to build strong relationship with HCPs
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.