JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
- The Senior Transportation Planner is a core member of the Transport Planning & Traffic Engineering team in the design center.
- He develops traffic demand analyses and forecasts, transportation master plan studies, traffic impact studies, road safety assessments, etc. for projects of moderate complexity.
- He works closely with senior project team members for the review and validation of deliverables to ensure the proper implementation of all client requirements.
- The jobholder shall stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in the transport planning and traffic engineering field and share his knowledge with his team members, as applicable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Graduate Degrees in Transport Planning, Traffic Engineering / Management or related topics are preferred
- Knowledge and proven track record of transport planning and traffic engineering
- Understanding of international engineering standards and codes
- Proficiency in transport / land use planning, traffic modeling, ITS and other information systems
- Familiarity with traffic modeling software, such as VISUM, VISSIM, Synchro, MXROAD, SIDRA, HCS, AutoTURN, CUBE etc.
- Strong operational modeling skills
- 7+ years of experience in the transport planning and traffic engineering in a top tier regional / multinational engineering consultancy firm
- Experience with development of traffic impact studies and traffic engineering plans
- Exposure to global best practices, trends and technologies in transport planning and traffic engineering
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).