JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Assist in the management of Kitchen Operations including menu planning and costing, organising special events, developing new dishes, maintaining food quality standards and comprehensive product knowledge.
Kempinski Nile Hotel
Located in Egypt's beautiful capital, Kempinski Nile Hotel offers guests a boutique five-star experience on the banks of the Nile River.
Right in the heart of Cairo's Garden City district in down-town, guests are only a short drive from the Pyramids of Giza, shopping areas and local attractions.
Kempinski Nile Hotel caters to large groups, couples and solo travelers offering 137 rooms and 54 exclusive suites in an unforgettable environment. All suites come with their own private balcony so guests can relax and enjoy a beautiful view of the Nile River.
- Assist with organizing special events and special food promotions.
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, and current trends and make recommendations for appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and personal hygiene.
- Clean the kitchen and equipment.
- Work with Superior and Director of People Services to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive and assist in planning for future staffing needs.
- Assist in training needs analysis of Kitchen staff and ensure training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines.
- Approve leave after considering hotel occupancy.
- Work with superior in the preparation and management of the department's budget.
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment, including oral and written language skills in English; Any additional languages are an advantage.
- Knowledgeable of food safety regulations
- Operational knowledge of the role.
- Luxury Hotel Experiences.
- Communication skills.
- Passion for hospitality and the European elegance of service.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.