JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales has built a presence in Egypt for over 40 years and has today over 100 employees. Thales in Egypt is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE.Together We delivered fare collection and control and communication systems for the first metro line in Africa, Metro Line 1 in Cairo. Since then we have continued to bring growth and security and safety to the country by upgrading these transportation systems as well as providing solutions for customers in air traffic management, air defence and Navy.
The Project Test and Commissioning Manager is a key member of the Projects Team within Delivery department.
The Project Test and Commissioning Manager is assigned commissioning responsibilities for individual projects and is part of a number of Project Teams under the leadership of the assigned project manager for each of those projects. Accordingly the Project Test and Commissioning Manager participates as member of the project team and contributes to the success of that team. The Project Test and Commissioning Manager will provide commissioning services to the project team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management and supervision of the T&C activities for ICS contract in Egypt.
- Manage all testing and commissioning activities for all installed systems efficiently, including managing the interfaces with support from Project Managers, Engineering, Operations, Field Staff and other Divisions.
- Develop Commissioning documentation describing the scope of the Commissioning works to be carried out, including a list of all equipment to be tested and commissioned
- Prepare a Commissioning Schedule for allocated projects, to ensure all activities are logically managed
- Management and validation of all technical specification portions of the testing and pre-commissioning components of contracts for works requiring design, construction and testing services
- Supervision and mentoring of T&C team to ensure scheduled delivery activities are achieved.
- Manage and coordinate the on-site project commissioning activities after clearance has been received from the Project Manager.
- Fulfilling the contractual requirements to the satisfaction of the Customer and Thales management in terms of budget, quality, reports and schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring that system changes and new software releases are delivered against an agreed customer requirement, project plan and approved test specification and in accordance with Chorus 2.
- Preparation of the monthly financial contract reviews and appropriate dashboards.
- Responsible for the management of any subcontractors in connection with the support contract.
- Ensure effective and efficient internal and external communication with all appropriate Stakeholder managers
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and customer improvement is maintained
- Identify areas for continual improvement.
- From 5 to 10 years of experience in telecommunications and transmission lines performing commissioning, project management, or construction related tasks.
- Demonstrated significant experience in planning and organizing detailed engineering projects.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the effective application of safe systems of work in a Project setting resulting in safe outcomes and / or performance improvement.
- Good understanding of the GTS Application Services portfolio.
- Experience of working cross-functionally with multi disciplinary teams
- Disciplined, self-organized and self-motivated to learn and improve self and others in a busy and changing working environment
- Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods and support the team as appropriate.
- Ability to negotiate and influence key stakeholders
- Proven experience of leading teams in an operations or service delivery environment.
- Able to communicate at all levels including senior management and Directors
- Outstanding interpersonal skills capable communicate effectively and confidently at all levels (aural, verbal, presentational and written)
- Knowledge of the Telecom/ICS environment
- Knowledge of National Authority for Tunnel environment
- Understanding of key health and safety requirement
- Experience in working with Contracts in a Design, Construct and Test environment
- Design experience would be an advantage in telecommunication systems.
- Experience in Operational roles in a transmission environment, such as maintenance or network operations
- An Engineering degree level of experience in a suitable discipline (communication/software/electronic)
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.