JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
K&A Engineering Consultants, India, member of the K&A Global Holding is one of Middle East's leading multi-disciplinary consultancies. K&A is ranked #8 in the Middle East and #41 globally in the Top International Design Firms. Our Energy Business established for over three decades provides consultancy, engineering, detail design and field support services to clients for planning, implementation, operation, performance and management of Electrical Transmission & Distribution Networks in the Middle East and Africa.
In view of our growth plans we currently have an opening for Electrical Engineer in our subsector Electrical Distribution for overseas projects delivered from our office in Bangalore, India.
The selected candidate will be part of Power & Renewables team and will be key to deliver Power distribution infra projects. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to grow their career with a well-known MNC engineering consultant.
- Work as part of K&A Power & Renewable - Distribution team
- Delivery of power distribution infra projects.
- Diligent check and review of the deliverables to assure quality.
- Deliver projects on time to meet project schedule.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical & Electronics/ Electrical Engineering from a recognized University.
- Minimum 6-8 years' relevant design experience in dry utilities engineering environment with Vendors, Contractors or Design Consultancies in infrastructure projects.
- Middle east projects work experience in dry utilities.
- Knowledge of IEC/IEEE Standards
- Well aware of Medium Voltage, Street lighting and external lighting design, Low Voltage Power distribution and planning.
- Working knowledge of software Civil 3D, ETAP, AUTO CAD and Dialux.
- Well aware of using Dialux software for outdoor street lighting calculation.
- Well aware of Pump Stations Electrical design works
- Able to independently work on project deliverables from base design stage to detailed designs.
- Excellent English communication skills within the engineering environment
- Demonstrable track record of technical achievement and client satisfaction within the infrastructure projects (Dry utilities).
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions.
- Willingness to travel to Middle East and African Countries for short term assignments
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments
- Ability to build rapport with customers and colleagues
- Well-motivated and able to work as part of a team or on individual assignments as required
- Able to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- Flexible approach to work
- Ability to work on one's own initiative
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).