JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The Proposal Manager leads the development of technical and commercial proposals for the [Sector] across the organization. The jobholder leads and manages a team of Proposal Engineers throughout the entire proposal development life cycle from supporting the tender participation decision process, coordinating prequalification requirements to developing competitive technical and commercial proposals in a timely and cost effective manner. The jobholder coordinates across functions and departments in the organizations to seek input from subject matter experts during the proposal development stages, as needed.
- Actions/ Work Tasks that Enable the Role to Achieve the Job's Overall Purpose.
- Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality and in a cost effective manner
- Ensure fulfillment of all client requirements in technical / commercial proposal submissions
- Manage the development of proposals for [Sector] design projects, including technical and commercial proposals in close coordination with the Senior Manager
- Proposals, as needed
- Support the Senior Manager
- Proposals with the review of RFPs, identifying potential project and contractual risks
- Calculate high level project delivery costs and price estimates prior to the development of proposals based on market intelligence and experience
- Work with the Senior Manager
- Proposals in aligning on project delivery model and bid strategies for proposals with design Department Heads, Section Heads and Resident Managers, as needed
- Coordinate with design Departments, Sections and Geographies to assess project risks, as needed
- Liaise with the Contracts Department for review of contract terms / conditions for [Sector] design proposals
- Lead the calculation of direct costs based on estimated man-hour estimates by design Department and Section, and validate delivery costs with Departments and Sections, as needed
- Review project costs and challenge project cost assumptions to ensure that project costs are competitive to increase likelihood of winning the project
- Coordinate with respective Resident Managers for incorporation of project margins and contingencies into final pricing as per the Geography's directions
- Conduct final technical review of proposals with respective.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies And Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Solid knowledge of all aspects of proposal development including technical and commercial proposals
- Knowledge of tendering procedures in the Middle East, especially with government authorities
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent estimation and scheduling skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of stakeholders, including senior management and various departments
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic
Experience Required to Execute this Role
- 10+ years of experience in the Architecture, Engineering and Planning Industry in a top tier regional/multinational engineering consultancy firm
- Minimum 5 years of experience in proposal development preferably in [Sector] projects
- Experience within the Middle East
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).