Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East, North Africa and India hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Project Director - Luxury Hotel
This is an opportunity to lead a 3 island, luxury hotel project in the Maldives. A fast paced, high end, logistically complex project that will oversee the management of these new luxury resorts, leading our expat delivery staff and local and international consultants and contractors.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Reporting to the regional director, responsible for the strategy and delivery of a major project.
• Developing the clients and hotel operators brief, delivery strategy and leading the design management, procurement and execution of the scheme.
• Establishing and managing a high performing team that strives for quality, safety, cost and schedule improvements at every opportunity with all delivery partners, challenging and seeking to improve the project deliverables.
• Ensuring that the highest standards of health and safety are considered as a priority through all stages of the project.
The successful applicant will need to have experience in coordinating and managing multiple stakeholders and demonstrate the ability to build robust, long term relationships and integrated teams.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Must demonstrate experience leading projects from start to finish.
• Luxury hotel/hospitality project experience is essential.
• International project delivery experience is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Flexibility to travel or operate in multiple regions is an advantageous.
• Demonstrable leadership qualities are essential.
• Knowledge of project management processes is essential.
• Construction management delivery experience is an advantage.
• Strong logistics experience is essential.
• Shipping or marine logistics is an advantage.
• A degree qualification is preferred but is not essential.
• Professional memberships are an advantage but are not essential.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.