Job description / Role
The main purpose of this position is to perform all matters related to averda employees’ payroll process preparation and administration, disciplinary actions and termination. He/she ensures to follow the set company policies and procedures and performs different assignments/research as requested by the HR Employee Services Manager.
• Execute payroll and data matters related to termination of staff (voluntary or involuntary termination) as per the adopted procedures.
• Monitor the employees’ daily attendance sheets, cross-checking absences against supporting documents (leaves, medical reports…) as well as justifications from superiors. Reports any irregularities in the attendance, and follows up on action.
• Ensure all payments made are in compliance with company policies.
• Maintain supporting payroll documentations and authorizations for internal and external audit.
• Prepare month-end closing and payroll reconciliation.
• Prepare and maintains the warnings, notifications, appreciation letters, and makes sure all supporting documents/emails are filed appropriately.
• Handle the filing of all personnel documents at the HR Files, such as pay slips, payroll supporting documents, certificates…) on a monthly and weekly basis.
• Issue certificates addressed to embassies, banks, NSSF, etc. as requested by employees.
• Liaise with HR representatives in GCC regarding the monthly HR report and flags issues that must be reviewed and monitored.
• Respond to all service request cases raised and assigned by responding\attending to the request immediately.
• Work in collaboration with other team members to establish and maintain a confidential and sensitive work environment focusing on excellent customer service.
• Perform other tasks as per request by HR Employee Services Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related subject.
• At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar role in Human Resources and/or Payroll with demonstrated progressive responsibilities and degree of difficulty.
• Sound understanding of all disciplines within the Payroll process.
• Experience working in large, diverse teams.
• Oracle HRMS R12 with particular emphasis on employee records and Payroll process administration.
• Experience implementing HR processes and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Various computerized information process flows and impact between:
• HRIS, Benefits, Human Resources, Payroll and Finance areas;
• Operations and administration
• HR, Benefit and Payroll laws, regulations, procedures, and operations
• problem solving techniques
• Principles of project management, documentation, and technical correspondence
• Computer skills - MS Office.
• Fluent in spoken and written English, knowledge of any other languages is advantageous.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Averda is an integrated group of companies covering the collection, treatment, recycling and sanitary landfilling of municipal solid waste, manufacturing, real estate and information technology.
It is considered to be one of the largest Lebanese Companies. Not withstanding its state-of-the-art facilities, Averda's core asset relies on the acumen of its diverse team of engineers, experts in the operational, technical and environmental fields, financial analysts, and administrators.
Averda encompasses a multi-sector organization for maximum efficiency: Corporate, Utilities, Manufacturing, Real Estate, Information Technology, and Services.