Job description / Role
Our client, an international law firm, is currently looking for a well experienced and high powered Marketing and Business Development Manager to work either in their Dubai or Oman office. This role will report to the Head of Business Development & Marketing for the Middle East. The role covers the marketing and business development needs of groups of Fee Earners across the Dentons regional network. The MBD Manager is an integral member of their Middle East operation team but will also work closely with the global MBD team as required.
Pitching and market intelligence
(Please note that bids is the key focus of this role and will make up much of the work on a day to day basis.)
• Bids - Produce quality drafts of pitches and track their success through our Pitch Tracker. Support the global BDM team with regional/global pitch requests.
• Market Intelligence – conduct research on existing and prospective clients and opportunities and track industry and market trends (including competitor tracking) to support KAM/regional BD initiatives.
Events and seminars/conferences
• Company Events – manage and support client events from start to finish, working closely with the wider business development team. Ensure fee earners proactively drive appropriate attendance. Lead event debriefs and manage client feedback.
• Conferences – negotiate local or regional sponsorship deals as appropriate to fit within strategy and budget.
• Database – work with the wider middle east marketing and business development team and fee earners to drive improved use of InterAction in supporting events, including arranging appropriate training and support as necessary.
Profile and internal/external communications
• Directories - work closely with the fee earners to drive improvements to the legal directory process, including managing relevant submissions and interviews.
• PR - work with the Head of BD & Marketing to ensure that wins/awards/deals/new laterals etc. are properly communicated, both internally and externally.
• Profile building - support the Head of BD & Marketing/regional groups to improve profile, including proactively tracking opportunities with key legal and trade journals and sharing with groups as appropriate.
Marketing materials and client alerts
• Collateral - drive the production of tailored materials such as office brochures/group experience statements - including managing internal processes and ensuring that relevant deadlines are met.
• Client alerts – drive/manage client alerts, including proactively feeding through office news/deals/articles for publications such as regional/global updates/other alerts.
• Website - ensure that the firm website is up-to-date/adequately reflects the skills/experience of the regional network. Support the Head of BD & Marketing to roll-out website development projects.
• Share information and best practice with the Middle East BDM team and attend weekly meetings.
• Support the Head of BD & Marketing to deliver regional/office marketing and business development plans and budgets, and support the subsequent delivery of regional BD initiatives.
• Other marketing and business development projects / tasks as required.
To be considered for the role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Minimum 5 years' experience in a professional services environment. Law firm experience preferred.
• Solid track record of delivering quality proposals/bids
• An appreciation of a partnership environment and specific issues affecting the delivery of legal services.
• Ability to take responsibility for and lead projects.
• Ability to work effectively with and motivate partners and others
• Self-starter who is able to demonstrate resilience and persistence
• If applying from Oman, applicant must be an Omani national.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.