Job description / Role
* You will be responsible for the efficient running of the department in line with Hyatt International's Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations.
* The Pastry Chef is responsible to function as the Production Manager for all pastry and bakery products, making sure that they contribute to the overall success of outlets and banquets, in accordance with the hotel's standards and financial goals.
Primary Location: AE-DU-Dubai
Organization: Hyatt Regency Dubai
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: DUB002810
* Ideally with an apprenticeship or professional diploma in Food Production with pastry specialisation.
* Minimum 2 years work experience as Pastry Chef, or Assistant Pastry Chef in larger operation.
* Good practical, operational and adequate administrative skills with a flair for creativity are a must.
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.