Job description / Role
To offer full administrative support to the CEO and manage the office environment at the Taaleem Central Office.
Executive Assistant to CEO
• Manage, coordinate and maintain calendar of CEO including appointments, meetings and travel.
• Responsible for organising of internal and external meetings on behalf of the CEO ensuring all necessary requirements are made e.g. meeting venue, equipment, presentations, prepare agendas.
• Responsible for organising CEO travel and logistics including flights, visa requirements, hotel accommodation, car rental, meeting schedules while travelling and completing expenses post travel.
• Act as Secretary for senior meetings as and when required by the CEO, including preparing meeting agendas, collating minutes, communicating meeting reminders, confirming venues, arranging refreshments as well as creating and distributing comprehensive minutes and action points to all members post meeting.
• Ensuring essential information and updates are communicated to Taaleem Central Office/Company as requested by CEO.
• Responsible for managing CEO’s personal driver’s daily schedule in line with CEO’s daily requirements.
Responsibilities - Board Secretary
• Act as Board Secretary for Taaleem PSC Board and Committee meetings. This includes but is not limited to preparing meeting agendas, taking meeting minutes, collating board reports and presentations.
• Communicate meeting reminders and board reports with relevant Board and Committee members including their Assistants.
• Confirm meeting venues, arrange refreshments as well as creating and distributing comprehensive minutes including board resolutions to all members post meeting.
Responsibilities – Office Manager
• Work closely with HR and Central Office staff to ensure that office policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Line Manage administration support team and drivers in the Central Office – Receptionists, Office Assistant, Central Office drivers.
• Carry out performance appraisals of direct reports and arrange/ or make recommendations for professional development if required
• Manage applicable Central Office Budget lines, including office expenses, supplies, stationery, entertainment.
• Responsible management of Central Office petty cash with the support of the Receptionist
• Ensuring office lease agreements are in place and renewed, and payment raised in a timely manner with accounts department.
Education: University degree or diploma relating to the field, preferred but not essential
Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience as Executive Assistant or similar role
• Organisational, planning and multi-tasking skills
• Communication skills
• Information gathering and information monitoring skills
• Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
• Judgment and decision-making ability
• Attention to detail and accuracy
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Taaleem’s main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.