JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Work in Kuwait is contingent upon the applicant's ability to obtain a work permit from the State of Kuwait, which is requested on the applicant's behalf by their employer. Effective January 1, 2021, the Kuwait Public Authority of Manpower issued new work permit regulations, informing contractors that it will not issue a work permit to any individual who is fifty-nine (59) years or older and holds a high school grade certificate or less. A two-year college degree or higher is required for all candidates fifty-nine (59) years or older. See Administrative Decision No. (520) of 2020 AD - Amendment to the Administrative Decision No. (552) of 2018 on Issuing the Work Permit Regulations.
Purpose: The Assistant Production Control Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day production control CLIX operations under this effort.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages a professional team encompassing a wide range of functions including management of CLIX commodities within the discipline:
- Directly supervises CLII and CLIX commodities of supply and is directly responsible for the activities of the Shop Supply Supervisor.
- Coordinates with the Support Supply Activities (SSA) to ensure timely processing activities.
- Manages shop supply and expediting personnel to ensure adequate repair parts and supplies are available to support maintenance requirements.
- Ensure Demand Analysis and other contractual supply requirements are met as required.
- Assist Maintenance Manager with production scheduling.
- Assists in establishing hiring boards to interview candidates for open positions.
- Evaluates staff, comparing objectives and achievements in staff assessments.
- Coaches employees in their professional career development and process improvements.
- Issues disciplinary or corrective actions when needed.
- Recommends termination or contract non-renewal when appropriate.
- Responsible for completing performance evaluations as required.
- Accountable for ensuring the workforce is meeting contractual requirements
- Ensures compliance with company and customer requirements.
- Develops, implements, and/or maintains processes and measures to assure production and quality standards are met.
- Expedites operations that may delay or alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Participates in root cause investigations/corrections and develops actions to prevent recurrences.
- Works to develop innovative and effective performance enhancing operational processes.
- Prepares production reports as required.
- Adhere to ISO Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions.
- Perform other position related duties as assigned.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of governing regulations, policies, and procedures related to production control in supply and maintenance operations.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of GCSS-ARMY in order to properly implement a reporting process to track visibility and accountability on Army Prepositioned Stock (APS) program.
- Knowledge of AR 710-2, DA PAM 710-2, AR735-5, Army Supply documentation, and other applicable regulations.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of the applicable supply and equipment management processes, related regulations and is required to ensure effective accountability of all assigned property.
- Possess knowledge of Army Supply documentation such as DA Form 1348 and DA Form 2062.
- Must have knowledge of Army equipment.
- Required to ensure section effectively processes repair parts to fulfill workload requirements.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, with an emphasis in Excel.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the automated system in use.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Appropriate verbal and written communications skills to conduct meetings, execute plans, prepare reports, plans, and working instructions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 7 years Maintenance or similar experience required.
- 5 years related supervisory experience required.
Certification, License & Clearance:
- GCSS-Army certification required.
- Must have a current, valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to obtain SAAR approval for NIPR access to USG STAMIS required.
- Tier 1 NACI required for all U.S. Citizens.
Facility credentials/authorization required : Must be able to obtain and maintain facility credentials/authorization.
Note: U.S. Citizenship is required to for facility credentials/authorization at this work location.
Work Environment, Physical Demands & Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.